Mount images on network drives not working from 4.11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mount images on network drives not working from 4.11

After installed DT lite 4.11, loading images from network shared drive not working. It seems loaded correctly, but when accessing the emulated drive it reports no disk inserted. The DT panel showing the image is loaded, but the device popup still showing empty.
    Loading image from local hard disk works fine.
    I am running XP SP2 and loading ISO. Also tested DT lite 4.12 and it's the same.
    DT 4.10 works fine.

i can confirm this problem. has happened for me on multiple machines, all running xp pro.

Comment

Same here XP Pro SP2, DT Pro Advanced
      Local images work fine, networked nothing,, looks like it tries to mount,, then just gives up,,, no errors,, just nothing

Comment

@Terrack

Everything is fine with latest DT Pro Standard and Advanced. Just tested. So you are maybe not running the latest version. Upgrade your version.

@jcl

There is no DT 4.12 yet. You probably mean 4.11.2.
        I just tested with DT Lite 4.11.2 and it works as it should. Mounted through DT Panel, through tray icon and through Mount'n'Drive manager.

You sure don't have emulations activated and Auto Insert Notification is on and no bad filters?
        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
        Peace Through Power

Comment

Can you reconfirm? I am seeing this issue with 4.12 Lite.

Comment

Everything is working with DT Lite 4.12.
            Peace Through Power

Comment

I did some more tests with a Windows Server 2003 share. It seems to mount some ISO images and fails with others. The diiference seems to be based on how they were created. It works fine with ISO's that I downloaded from Microsoft's MSDN site while an image that I created with UltraISO only mounts from the local drive.

Mounting from a shared drive was working consistently for all ISO files in earlier versions. Can you recheck based on these results? Thanks

Comment

Just created an image with UltraISO 8.6.5.2160 and everything is working as it should.

You are sure your network drive isn't too slow?

Could you try to reinstall windows please?
                Last edited by Blazkowicz; 03.02.2008, 21:36.
                Peace Through Power

Comment

Correction. It doesn't look like there's a pattern. An image that wouldn't load previously is now loading while images that were loading no longer are. I don't think its the computer or the share since the same client and server machines were working just fine with earlier versions. No other applications are having issues working from the shared drive. I also agree with the earlier posting that it looks like it tries to mount then fails. I don't believe reinstalling Windows is the answer.

Comment

Issue is under investigation.

Comment

Issue still there with 4.12.1

I have to copy all images to local harddisk for mounting them.

Net is Gigabit which gives me usually 30-40 MB/s.
                      Old 4.10 did not have any such problems.

Windows is fresh install.

Comment

Please, check it with DAEMON Tools Lite v4.12.2 and let us know about the results.
                        DAEMON Tools Pro Support Team
                        DAEMON Tools online help systems: http://daemon-help.com
                        http://daemonpro-help.com

Comment

Working...
                        X