4.11 Vista 64 kills services

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.11 Vista 64 kills services

After installing 4.11, it kills my Volume Shadow service, and software licensing, which in turn kills the control panel causing lag and an "empty" control panel.
    This is probably assoicated with the nvidia driver, since the empty control panel is related to software licensing service.
    The volume shadow service kills system restore also, you'll have to start in safe mode to restore to previous settings.
    Just letting those know this bug is out there.. i installed twice to make sure it was dtool causing the problem.

Asus p5e-vm hdmi intel e6750
    4x 1gb ocz platinum rev. 2
    2x WD 500gb SE16 raid 0
    Omega Forceware 169.25 7900GS XT

There has to be some other software on your system that's either the root cause, or creates some sort of conflict with DTools. I'm running Vista Ultimate x64, and have encountered no problems like what you're referring to. Unless it's somehow related to the Volume Shadow Copy service, which I disabled myself. But I haven't seen any other reports from any other customers regarding this problem. While I'm not running DT Lite, I am running DT Pro (as shown in the screenshot below), and Alcohol.

Perhaps you could try disabling your Volume Shadow Copy service and try again. If it still happens, then there's definitely something else going on. If it doesn't happen, then perhaps that is where the conflict lies.

Comment

I tried a few different versions, and 4.06-x64 is working fine my my vista64-business edition.

While dtool is installed, I cannot enable software licensing or volume shadow copy at all.

Thanks for the input, I'm not sure what is conflicting with dtool/control panel though, but 4.06 is working fine.
      Mayb it is the SPTD.

Comment

Working...
      X