Virtual drive shows up as physical drive, can't remove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual drive shows up as physical drive, can't remove

Hi. I've been having this issue since installing DT 4.1.

I have a physical CD drive that shows up as dtscsi(6:0)(G. I can't get rid of it!

I've uninstalled all my other emulation software, and even tried reinstalling DT.

My actual DVD burner doesn't work either, but that may just be because it's broken. I'm not asking for support on that, just providing the info.

Anything I can try to get rid of the extra drive would be much appreciated.

Additional info

The device uses the following drivers:
    - cdrom.sys
    - GEARaspiWDM.sys
    - imapi.sys
    - redbook.sys
    - storprop.dll

Uninstalling the drive works for one reboot. Then Windows reinstalls the device.

The same thing happens when uninstalling the two SCSI / RAID host controller entries in Device Manager

I don't (and have never) have Nero Drive Image installed.

Again, any help's appreciated. I feel like I shouldn't have to reformat to fix this, but maybe I am wrong.

Comment

Same

I'm having the same problem. All of a sudden, a DVD ROM showed up, and I have no clue how to remove it.

Comment

Same Here!

I have the SAME PROBLEM! can someone from Daemon Tools PLEASE respond to help us?

this bug has effectively made my computer useless, as i cannot do any gaming that requires the CD-ROM. It's rediculous. There is one post at the beginning of Common Problems, that says "my drive is gone" or something, and someone did reply by linking to the microsoft knowledge base, but the link is bad!

please help!

thanks in advance

Comment

Uninstall DAEMON Tools.
          Find SPTD setup program on disc-tools.com.
          Use SPTD setup to uninstall sptd driver, restart your system and then verify the problem.
          Welcome to the dark side, my dear padavan. We have cookies

Comment

Working...
          X