• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.44 screwed up my computer

Operating System: WinXP
    Burning Software: EasyCDCreator
    Anti-virus Software: NortonAntivirus
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.44

I installed daemontools on my old computer, after I mounted an image a message came saying windows has detected a new hardware, which was surprising since I did not see such a message when installing Daemon tools on my main computer

After the required restart the program worked fine. Then the second time I restarted my computer it wouldnt load. I just come to the Winxp Logo where it says it is loading (with the moving green bars) and then it says something is wrong and asks for me to boot from Failsafe mode, normal mode or last working settings. I tried all modes and none of them worked. Using failsafe mode and load with last working settings I can at least get a blue screen error message, which is

(Loosely translated to english)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Windos has detected an error and has shut down to prevent error with your computer.

RDR_FILE_SYSTEM

If this is the first time you get this error message blablabla unimportant info

then a bunch of technical info i shown with some numbers and letters.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is noway for me to get into windows . Failsafe mode did not work.

Operating System: Windows XP
    Burning Software: none
    Anti-virus Software: none
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.44

Yes, I have the same problem. Daemon tools screwed up my computer also. A quick solution (I am sure there are one of many) is to log into Windows using "safe-mode command line only". Thankfully that safe-mode option works.

Once you have the prompt up, go into c:\program files, then rename the d-tools folder to anything besides d-tools (I used dtools).

Restart your computer, and you will have Windows loading up normally as before with the exception of Daemon tools not being loaded. Rename the Daemon tools folder back to it's original folder name, and then uninstall it from Windows. Then either install an older release of DT, wait for a newer release with this problem fixed (hopefully);
    or go with a competitor product.

Comment

I forgot to mention one curcial step in the above solution. After you do the rename of the D-tools folder, shut the computer down, and unplug (both power and IDE cable) your CD/DVD drive. If you don't have one, unplug a HD or floppy or something to change the I/O configuration of the computer. Without this step the problem will persists.

Also if you can't get into safe-mode with command line, then unplug a the DVD/CD drive. In fact you might be able to get into Windows normally by just removing the DVD/CD drive from the system, though I never tried that either since I am quite happy to have my system up and running again.

Comment

Working...
      X