Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install problem

first sorry for my bad english , im dutch,
    If i want to instal the latest versions of deamontools its stay asking to roboot an cuntiniu the installation! time after time after time! HELP!

Install SPTD manually (www.duplexsecure.com and try installing DT again. If it's not working look into Common Problems and Solutions.

BTW what is your operating system (e. g. Windows Vista 32 bit)?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

I am having a similar problem on Vista 64.

When I try to install DT lite (4.11.2) it keeps trying to install SPTD and asking for a system restart. I manually installed SPTD v150-x64 from the link, and I get the same results.

Comment

You should try SPTD 1.55 and DT Lite 4.12.
        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
        Peace Through Power

Comment

The download site says it is only for 32 bit OS. Will this work with Vista x64?

Comment

No, of course not. You've to use x64 version, which should be below x86 version (scroll down a little ).
            Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
            They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Thanks for help, and sorry for being thick, but the Daemon Tools site (http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/down...tegory&catid=5) explicitly states the new version is only for 32 bit OS. When I go to the download site (http://www.disc-tools.com/download/daemon) it looks like it is both 32 bit and 64 bit compatible.

I will try the new version, but perhaps the website has typo?

Comment

No joy. I tried the new version, and it still keeps trying to install SPTD 1.55 and asking to re-boot

Comment

Check related thread in common problems and solutions forum then. You probably need to remove SPTD key manually, then re-install after reboot.

Comment

how do u remove it manually.. i have the same problem...it just continues to tell me to restart...and if i install manually it says " You must reboot after previous operation"...and daemon tools doesnt install either ...so i can start new..

Comment

Comment

I am sorry for not checking that first,but the keys mentioned dont exist and I never found a r0 key in sptd registry and when I attemtp to delete the key...and as i say on another post..something about a cfg permisions... i am lost though...please help...thanks in advance

Comment

I may have found the problem, but not the solution.

When I try to install SPTD setup v1.55 (for Vista x64), after re-booting it still reports "No SPTD version detected." I don't seem to be able to install SPTD.

Any thoughts?

Comment

Try installing in safe mode.

Comment

Working...
                            X