No announcement yet.

Multiple machines and internet access!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple machines and internet access!

Hi there. I am quite a serious computer game collector and I am buying pc games for much more than a decade now. Given the limited live expectancy of optical media, I decided to scan the original discs and put them on a big hard disc array to be able to use them with my current gaming machine. Daemon Tools seems to be quite the software to do that. I have still a few questions though:

- I think I read in some forums that people had trouble mounting an dt image that they generated on one computer on another machine using the same version of daemon tools. Are images bound to be used just on the machine they are made on or can they be used on any computer?

- Due to several reasons, I dont and wont have internet connection on my gaming machine though it seems that this is required by daemon tools for activation purposes. Is there or will there be any way to use dt without any internet connection?

- I would like to be able to play all the games from the mounted image. Lately, there have been growing reports in the forums, that dt fails to work due to black listing. Y.A.S.U. that I found in the downloads section seems to solve some of these problems but newer version haven't been released lately. Are these problems exaggerated or is there really a blacklisting problem?

Thanks in advance for your answers...

Originally Posted by gamecollcetor
    Are images bound to be used just on the machine they are made on or can they be used on any computer?
    Images aren't bound to computer which created the images.

Originally Posted by gamecollcetor
    Is there or will there be any way to use dt without any internet connection?
    Only Daemon Tools Pro is requiring an internet connection. For Daemon Tools Lite you don't need one.

Wait for next Daemon Tools Lite and your games will hopefully works again with a mounted image.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Of course I would have to get Daemon Tools Pro Advanced, because as far as I understand, I would need vIDE to run a lot of older games that require to insert the play disc into an IDE drive if one is present.
      So is there or will there be any way of registering DTPro Adv without internet? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally Posted by gamecollcetor View Post
        So is there or will there be any way of registering DTPro Adv without internet? Thanks in advance.
        put simply.. no...
        my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Working...
        X