DT Pro "Satellite installs"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT Pro "Satellite installs"

I see alot of people complaining that they have multiple PCs and want vIDE support (but not ripping/burning functionality) on all of them.
    This leaves them either buying multiple copies of DT Pro (I have 3*5year DT Pro Adv licenses) or just not running some apps on the additional computers, as DT Lite only has vSCSI.
    I can understand and support that DT Lite shouldn't get vIDE support.
    But how about "satellite installs" for DT Pro, say 2 per DT Pro license, that allow a reduced functionality version of DT Pro with only virtual CD support, both vSCSI and vIDE.
    You could even have these restricted to activation from the same IP as the main install, or only allow one of them (laptop?) to have a different IP.
    This would keep your paying customers happy while still maintaining the premium of DT Pro...

There shouldn't be much if any abuse of this, as "giving an install to a friend" would *only* give them vIDE and not full DT Pro function. Even this could be prevented if you restrict activation of the satellites to the same IP
    Last edited by DarkStar251; 17.01.2008, 05:40.

Since several days ago there is a good discount for buying multiple PCs license.

For example:
    For DT Pro Advanced (1 year of updates) 2 PC license cost 48.9 EUR
    3 PC - 62.9 EUR
    4 PC - 76.9 EUR
    5 PC - 90.9 EUR
    etc..

Comment

Originally Posted by Alco View Post
      Since several days ago there is a good discount for buying multiple PCs license.
      Well done,
      this does seem fair to me!... I've bought my two quinquennial licences just now...
      Bye,
      Syrran

Comment

Working...
      X