DTPro, Vista Bus 32bit, virtual drives no go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DTPro, Vista Bus 32bit, virtual drives no go

Ahoy, just purchased. (I had trialed a lite version a week back, and it worked. It then stopped working after a few days, so I thought I'd just buy the DTPro. Alas, it also does not work. Did MS push down a update to screw up virtual drives?)

Installed SPDT1.55 using their own installer; rebooted.

Installed DTPro.

Run DT Pro; enable IDE adapter. Add a coupe drives.

Try mounting image.. nothing.

Check device manager.. see drives present, with yellow exclamation point. Check driver, hit Details.. cdrom.sys shows, no other drives. Hit update.. says its as best a match it can find.

Delete infcache.1 file from windows\inf .. stop ide adapter, restart. No better.

Any ideas?

(I'm on a Sony UX UMPC .. no optical drive at all, so I need this

jeff

*bump*

Any help?

Or shall I just go and try a return, or block my CC payment and retry with the lite version? :/

jeff

Comment

What kind of error do you see in device manager, which error code?
      And what are your complete system specs?
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper View Post
        (repost, silly forum timed out while typing it..)

Doing (another) reinstall now. Uninstalled DTPro, uninstall SPDT1.55, reboot, reinstall SPDT1.55 (as admin this time), reboot, reinstall DTPro (also as admin). I think it activates okay as the installer just zips right through no problem. (vers 4.12.0220 or somesuch.)

(Sony UX 380 Canadian version; 1GB RAM, Vista Bus, 1.33GHz CPU, no optical drive; 40GB physical drive with hidden reinstall partition.)

Invoke Daemon Tools .. no virtual drives shown.

Control panel -> view hardware and devices -> DVD/CD ROM Devices
        SJ4794H blah blah ATA Device; yellow and black exlcamation point
        Rightclick, properties.. Windows cannot load the device driver for the hardware (Code 39)

Driver details..
        c:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\cdrom.sys (vers 6.0.6000.16386)

(Under Computer -> About, it shows "Windows Vista Business", but doesn't mention any service packs.. I don't think SP1 is public yet? Anyway, Widows and Sony update don't report anything interesting for updates. (Sony UX updates for camera and crap available, but nothing for Vista itself.)

I've done a number of reinstalls, and always the same issue in device manager.

jeff

Comment

Never mind this... it worked foir a few days and then stopped. Roxio was gon weeks before.

--

Sony UX comes with a crapload of preinstalled junk, and leaves only a couple GB free (Really.. sigh.)

I therefore uninstalled a pile of gunk.

One of the things was Roxio CD creator or something.

When you do that.. does that bugger up the drivers somewhere?

jeff
          Last edited by skeezix; 30.01.2008, 23:44.

Comment

In the end got tired of waiting ..

Did a device reinstall from restore partition; during the install, after base OS got installed and it reboots, to start installing all the crap .. Task Manager -> kill was able to stop the various setup jobs from firing off, so its now an OEM install more or less. (Much faster, and 5GB saved..)

After I released the hardware in my profile and reinstalled, seems to be working.

(I've got Windows Update disabled for now .. who knows if MS pushed down an un-fix?)

jeff

So with one DTPro purchase, I cannot use it on multiple machines? What about using the ripper part on one machine (that has an optical drive) and the DTPro mount part on the UMPC? (I will have to see if the Lite edition comed with the ripper..)

Comment

You can use one license on several OSes, but only one simultaneously. You have to revoke the license at your disc-soft account for this.

DT Lite can only mount and doesn't create images.
              Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
              Peace Through Power

Comment

Working...
              X