PDA

View Full Version : USB-Drive wont work After DT install.

zahood
31.01.2008, 00:57
Hey guys,

I ve got this problem and i hope somebody can help me. I installed DT Lite 4.12.0 and my external (USB) 500GB HD (with all my Data) stopped working. Its been recognized but WinXP says it has to be formated because there isnt a Filesystem on it, but it worked fine before the DT install and still works on my Notebook (Linux). So could anyone please help me, i realy would like to use DT and have my Harddisk working ;).

THX in advance.

bismax
31.01.2008, 13:16
Did you try to deinstall DT?

Well, it could also be possible, that your HDD crashed. Happended to me twice and was not an error of DT.

zahood
31.01.2008, 14:31
Well no it didnt, like i said it still worked fine with my Linux and also on my brothers Pc (no DT). Today i tried to remove the virtual drive driver but it didnt help, so i reinstalled WinXp. Again it worked fine till i installed DT. Now I have the same problem like yesterday :( . Ive found some solutions on the internetz (resetting the powersupply etc, etc) but they didnt work for me. The problem is i got so many images from they time before i got the HD so i neeeeed DT.

chrashoverraid
31.01.2008, 17:57
can you try to disable SPTD?
if it works after disabling SPTD (and a reboot) then the guys from SPTD will look at it :)

edit: what is the file system of the disc? (fat, ntfs or...)

zahood
01.02.2008, 00:16
i renamed the spdt.sys in my System32/drivers/ folder (is this the rite way to disable it?). After a Reboot the virtual drive was gone. But still no usb-drive funktion. :(

HD: Samsung Sinpoint T166 NTFS - Filesystem
HD-Case: Fantec 3,5" E-HDD Case (SATA2)

(since it was asked in another thread)

Antivirus: AVG-Antivir-Free
Firewall: Ashampoo-Free
no other Software except Girder and Mediaportal installed

zahood
03.02.2008, 14:37
:) Solved :)

I found a thread on the internets with a solution, so if anybody got this error:

1. install DT
2. download "testdisk"
3. rewrite the patrition-table (no data will be lost)
4. reboot
5. USB-Drive worx again!

:D

aodranger
25.07.2008, 00:38
:) Solved :)

I found a thread on the internets with a solution, so if anybody got this error:

1. install DT
2. download "testdisk"
3. rewrite the patrition-table (no data will be lost)
4. reboot
5. USB-Drive worx again!

:D

Thank you so much man,I had the same problem but now it's fixed with Testdisk:)