Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB-Drive wont work After DT install.

Hey guys,

I ve got this problem and i hope somebody can help me. I installed DT Lite 4.12.0 and my external (USB) 500GB HD (with all my Data) stopped working. Its been recognized but WinXP says it has to be formated because there isnt a Filesystem on it, but it worked fine before the DT install and still works on my Notebook (Linux). So could anyone please help me, i realy would like to use DT and have my Harddisk working .

THX in advance.

Did you try to deinstall DT?

Well, it could also be possible, that your HDD crashed. Happended to me twice and was not an error of DT.
    Elfen Lied - unangefochtene Spitze der Animes.
    Habt ihr was an der dt. Sprachdatei zu meckern?
    Schreibt mir eine PN!
    If you've got questions that do not concern to account or hardware incompabilty stuff, you can write me a PM. Otherwise use our forum!

Comment

Well no it didnt, like i said it still worked fine with my Linux and also on my brothers Pc (no DT). Today i tried to remove the virtual drive driver but it didnt help, so i reinstalled WinXp. Again it worked fine till i installed DT. Now I have the same problem like yesterday . Ive found some solutions on the internetz (resetting the powersupply etc, etc) but they didnt work for me. The problem is i got so many images from they time before i got the HD so i neeeeed DT.

Comment

can you try to disable SPTD?
        if it works after disabling SPTD (and a reboot) then the guys from SPTD will look at it

edit: what is the file system of the disc? (fat, ntfs or...)

Comment

i renamed the spdt.sys in my System32/drivers/ folder (is this the rite way to disable it?). After a Reboot the virtual drive was gone. But still no usb-drive funktion.

HD: Samsung Sinpoint T166 NTFS - Filesystem
          HD-Case: Fantec 3,5" E-HDD Case (SATA2)

(since it was asked in another thread)

Antivirus: AVG-Antivir-Free
          Firewall: Ashampoo-Free
          no other Software except Girder and Mediaportal installed

Comment

Solved

I found a thread on the internets with a solution, so if anybody got this error:

1. install DT
            2. download "testdisk"
            3. rewrite the patrition-table (no data will be lost)
            4. reboot
            5. USB-Drive worx again!

Comment

Originally Posted by zahood View Post
              Solved

I found a thread on the internets with a solution, so if anybody got this error:

1. install DT
              2. download "testdisk"
              3. rewrite the patrition-table (no data will be lost)
              4. reboot
              5. USB-Drive worx again!

Thank you so much man,I had the same problem but now it's fixed with Testdisk

Comment

Working...
              X