Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPTD 1.55 instability

Hi first thanks for the great software,
    but I have a problem with the latest D-tools 4.12, or specifically SPTD 1.55. With SPTD 1.55, my PC freezes after some hours. It's no BSOD, Windows simply hangs up with nothing in the event log, and even the HDD access lamp gets stuck. It sometimes hangs up when I'm fetching emails of a POP server, or when absolutely nothing is running except for the anti-virus software. I turned off the anti-virus software and still had a hangup.
    But with SPTD 1.53 this doesn't happen and my system continues to run a day or more. I actually wasted this week due to testing this problem.
    My system is
    WinXP SP2
    Athlon 64 X2 4800 (AMD processor driver and dual-core optimizer installed, CnQ enabled)
    nForce 570 SLI mobo
    2 SATA HDD in the first SATA channel, no RAID, nForce IDE driver
    1 SATA optical drive in the second SATA channel, nForce IDE driver
    Hope it's fixed in the next version.

Same problem here, computer will just freeze after installing and using 4.12 lite , never happened with previous version.
    The worst things its a pain to uninstall the SPTD, the uninstall utility is not on this site like some of the old forum links refer to!

Mobo : DP35DP

Comment

Yeah you need the SPTD 1.55 installer to uninstall 1.55, trying to update/downgrade it with an older SPTD is a no go, not to mention SPTD doesn't appear in the Add/Remove Programs.

By they way the anti-virus software I use is Symantec Endpoint Protection 11 if it helps. Disabling email protection seems to have made it a little bit stable, but no idea if it's relevant or not.

Comment

SPTD is an ASPI layer that's also used by other programs besides DTools, that's why it's not automatically uninstalled. Though I do agree it would be nice if an option to remove SPTD during uninstall of DTools/Alcohol (with appropriate warning message) would be a good idea.

Comment

Same problem here. Just installed 4.12 lite and when data is transferred from an image (iso or mds) all of a sudden, the PC freezes and I have to power off/on.
          Once it was that bad that my Windows XP SP2 lost the SCSI/RAID Hostcontroller config. During the next reboot I got a "new hardware found" and Windows tried to install this Hostcontroller but couldn't find an "installed service" as the error complained. Very nasty!
          I had 4.10 before and it was working perfectly without any problems. Is there a workaround for this problem?

Comment

Originally Posted by bth901 View Post
            Same problem here. Just installed 4.12 lite and when data is transferred from an image (iso or mds) all of a sudden, the PC freezes and I have to power off/on.
            Once it was that bad that my Windows XP SP2 lost the SCSI/RAID Hostcontroller config. During the next reboot I got a "new hardware found" and Windows tried to install this Hostcontroller but couldn't find an "installed service" as the error complained. Very nasty!
            I had 4.10 before and it was working perfectly without any problems. Is there a workaround for this problem?
            I tested a bit more. I mounted the image from an external USB 2.0 LaCie 320GB NTFS harddisk, PC freezes. Then I copied the image to the local SATA NTFS harddisk and mounted it from there, there was no freeze and all data could be transferred.

Is there maybe an interference with USB?

Comment

@bth901
              Please, contact support team via e-mail and specify the link to this topic. Also, send us MSInfo report from your system.
              Welcome to the dark side, my dear padavan. We have cookies

Comment

Working...
              X