insert disc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• insert disc

i made an iso copy of my mechwarrior 4 cds and i mounted them and installed them from the isos. i hit play and it gives me an insert disc error. how do i fix this?

iso is USELESS for copy protected games, try making mds/mdf format...
    my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

what program does that?

Comment

Re: MechWarrior 4

This game uses safedisc version 1, i *think* that can be stored in ISO files as well as mdf/mds. Programs you can use are DAEMON Tools Pro, Alcohol, Clone CD, BlindWrite.
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

alcohol / dt pro / dt advanced makes those formats...
          my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

ISO is enough for those Safedisc 2-4 CD titles that only check for the weak sectors and not the bad ones.
            But i think it isn't adequate for Safedisc 1 which is solely based on bad sectors.
            I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

i have clone cd, so how do i get it to make it a mds/mdf format, it only puts it into .ccd format
              offtopic: y do all my posts have to be approved?

Comment

CloneCD can't create mds/mdf format. Use Daemon Tool Pro/Alcohol for this job.

You don't have 20 posts and you aren't a customer, that's why your posts have to approve.
                Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by tn102 View Post
                  so how do i get it to make it a mds/mdf format, it only puts it into .ccd format
                  That doesn't matter.
                  Every RAW read image is adequate for Safedisc 1.
                  Last edited by Terramex; 02.02.2008, 16:20.
                  I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

can i run my clonecd off the isos i made, or do i have to do it fresh from my drive?

Comment

Originally Posted by tn102 View Post
                      can i run my clonecd off the isos i made, or do i have to do it fresh from my drive?
                      The latter.
                      The bad sectors aren't present anymore in ISO format.
                      Last edited by Terramex; 03.02.2008, 14:32.

Comment

Working...
                      X