Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Securom and "Ignore bad blocks"

Hello there,

when you make an image with DT Pro of a Securom 7.something protected disk, you can check a "Ignore bad blocks" option and then select between "Ignore error and generate content" and "Ignore error and add sector to bad block map".

What is, practically, the difference between the last two options, and how I can know which I should select?

(It is only a theoretical question. I have an image made with Alcohol, and it is OK. But if I try to make an image of the same disk without "Ignore bad blocks", DT Pro gives me an error message; and with "Ignore bad blocks", I can make the image and it works properly both with "generate content" and "add sector to bad block map").

Bye,
    Syrran

- Ignore errors and generate content - to ignore reading errors and continue creating a disc image.
    - Ignore errors and add sector to bad block map - to ignore reading errors, but unreadable disc sectors are put in bad block map, the disc image creation is continued.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Hm, well, thanks.

But the created image will always work, irrespective of which option I have selected, or there is any caution I should take account of?

Bye,
      Syrran

Comment

This option is for older SecuRom and mainly for SafeDisc on CD.
        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
        Peace Through Power

Comment

OK, thanks.

Bye,
          Syrran

Comment

Working...
          X