Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems Unmounting an Image!

Greetings everyone,

I used Daemon Tools v3.29.0.0 to mount an image in a virtual drive, shortly after the program simply vanished, but the image remained mounted. I tried reinstalling Daemon Tools v3.29.0.0 without success, everytime I try windows sends me to a blue screen and reboots my system. I tried using Alcohol 120% and Daemon Tools v3.47, but neither recognizes the virtual drive created by Daemon Tools v3.29.0.0 as such, so I'm unable to unmount the image in question.
    I need help in unmounting that very image, I don't know what to do.
    I look forward for your reply.

Check the following threads for manual removal procedure of obsolete version:

reboot after the procedure.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I tried both procedure: in forcefully removing the obsolete version, there were no registry keys for Daemon Tools, and with the other workaround, when deleting the Plug and Play BIOS extension windows crashes into a blue screen and my system reboots, I fooled around with this, tried to invert the order of the steps and so on, but nothing worked...
      Does anyone got any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Well, I doubt there are no registry keys. Anyway, did you remove Daemon Tools driver files, and rebooted, before removal of reg keys, PnP Extension, etc.?
        And again: Which Daemon Tools version?
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

If he's got the PnP Bios Extension, it would have to be 3.47 or earlier. v4 and up removed that.

Comment

I removed DT's drivers, rebooted and tried removing the Plug and Play BIOS extension again, it worked great! Thanks a lot Copytrooper!

Comment

Working...
            X