PDA

View Full Version : i can't mount and image, can anyone help? :)

webstarr
10.01.2004, 03:20
Operating System: win 98
Burning Software: nero
Anti-virus Software: none, i know its dumb but i reformat about once every 2 weeks
DAEMON Tools Version: 3.44

when i try to mount the image of star wars knights of the old republic my machine freezes about 2 seconds after and i have to do a complete power down to start it back up. i am using a .cue image and i have checked to make sure that the .bin is named properly in it. i have tried the securom emulation software as it says in your games section. if you have any ideas they would be appreciated greatly.

webstarr out for now. its friday night i can be a computer nerd tomorrow when i am hung over. :). thx for any help i can get!

webstarr
10.01.2004, 10:13
please help me out if you have any ideas, this is lame.

Sapiens
11.01.2004, 07:57
Operating System: Windows 2000 Professional, Service Pack 4
Burning Software: BlindWrite Suite v4.5.7
Anti-virus Software: Norton AntiVirus 2003
DAEMON Tools Version: v3.44

Are you trying to use Nero to make the image? I'd recommend a program designed specifically for the task, preferably Alcohol 120% or BlindWrite Suite (my personal favorite).

Copytrooper
11.01.2004, 10:48
SecuROM emulation does NOT work with KOTOR, 'cause it uses newest SecuROM based on cd-structure. So re-create the image from your original cd with DPM data (e.g. Alcohol or Blindwrite). Then play WITHOUT (!) any emulation from mounted image.