PDA

View Full Version : Drive letters

spawnyboy
20.02.2008, 20:27
i need to make my virtual drive "drive E" so that it will think that it is my cd-rom drive. >:(

Blazkowicz
21.02.2008, 15:48
Just do a right click on tray icon, virtual cd/dvd rom/select the virtual drive/set device parameters
and select E at Drive Letter. If E isn't in the list, E is already assigned to another drive.

Qasimalzar
25.02.2008, 04:13
How do you make a drive E:, if your normal drive is already E:. I can't seem to change the drive from E:, can't mount the image to E:, and am generally frustrated.

So I guess what I'm asking is how to change a "normal" drive's letter.

Also, if you don't mind, why is it so important to have it in E:?

,jACkdA\W
26.02.2008, 13:22
Start -> Execute, type 'diskmgmt.msc' -> rite-click your drive(s) in the list above, change letters all you like... but *not* your system partition (won't allow you to anyway)

Also, if you don't mind, why is it so important to have it in E:?
It's not. Guess he had a reason to want it there.

evlncrn8
26.02.2008, 13:52
well.. e's are good ;p Though very much maligned and misunderstood ;p

Underheaven
06.03.2008, 19:30
For the record, games will think the virtual drive is your real CD/DVD drive no matter what drive letter the virtual drive has in most cases.

robbiesla
10.03.2008, 09:45
i have same problem but need to replace my normal cd drive with "D". i can change it to anything apart from a-e from the options. however yea.. doesn't wuite cut it does it :p

Underheaven
10.03.2008, 10:49
i have same problem but need to replace my normal cd drive with "D"

The drive letter is almost always not the problem, please tell us what game you are trying to play and how you made the image (program and settings used).