Transformers the Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transformers the Game

OK, I am trying to get this to work from an image. This game uses Safedisc 4.81. I have tried to create the image using Alcohol 52%, with Safedisc settings from a Sony DRU-720 DVD-RW, and a JLMS XJ-HD166S DVD-ROM. I also tried making an image from my work laptop that has a DVD-RW as well. I am using Daemon Tools Lite v4-12-1 and YASU v1-4-7080. I get the following message: "Please insert the correct DVD-ROM, select OK and restart application". I really want to get this to work from an image, as my kids love to play this game and I am afraid that they will damage the disc. Does anyone have any ideas?
    Mr Physics1

When you mount the image into vIDE of Daemon Tools Pro Advanced, it should work.

Alternatively you could try to disable your real drives through bios.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
      When you mount the image into vIDE of Daemon Tools Pro Advanced, it should work.

Alternatively you could try to disable your real drives through bios.
      but he uses dt lite, and why shouldn't he ?
      should he buy pro just to mount safedisc games now ? (no new yasu and current dt lite does not support safedisc 4.8x without "help".) and saying dt lite works just fine with sd v4.8x as long as there are no other drives isn't much point. who doesn't have a physical drive ?

and your 2nd method is not elegant at all. not only that but as most people now have s-ata interface roms this can not be done thru bios anymore. (i assume the majority would have AMI, don't know what special features other bios'es may have/use) so it harps back to ====>

Comment

Originally Posted by ß View Post
        who doesn't have a physical drive ?
        I don't, at least not internally.

@mrphysics1
        Try slowing down the read speed in Alcohol when creating the image. Alternatively, try using YASU to play from the virtual drive.

Comment

@mrphysics
          How are your two DVD drives connected (Primary/Secondary IDE channel, Master/Slave) ?

Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
          Try slowing down the read speed in Alcohol when creating the image.
          Transformers is on DVD.
          Alternatively, try using YASU to play from the virtual drive.
          He already did :wink:
          I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Wow, I need to get some sleep. I'm falling asleep in my chair here at work.....

Good thing I'm the manager.

Comment

How are your two DVD drives connected (Primary/Secondary IDE channel, Master/Slave) ?
              Primary Channel
              Sony DRU-720 -- Master
              Plextor Premium -- Slave

Secondary Channel
              JLMS XJ-HD166S -- Master
              Toshiba 200Gig HD -- Slave

2nd Question is there a demo of the Daemon Tools Pro Advanced with the vIDE that maybe will work for 10 days that I could download and try out? I thought about purchasing it, but I would at least like to demo it first.

Thanks,
              Mr Physics1

Comment

I don't, at least not internally.
                you are being silly now, aren't you ?
                even so, fine, you are one of the <1&#37; of such users.
                most users play on the same machine they create the image ergo they must have a drive.

@mrphysics1
                Try slowing down the read speed in Alcohol when creating the image. Alternatively, try using YASU to play from the virtual drive.
                why ? it's safedisc not securom. no need at all.
                he tried yasu and it doesn't work for the newer safedisc versions. 4.85

that's why i made the topic referenced in my previous reply. i guess you NEVER read it.

it comes down to this: a user who has a real drive and wants to play a new safedisc game using dt lite can forget it. it's OVER!!! (i'm experiencing this pain too.)

....or until:

a new yasu or similar product is released
                they disconnect drive physically (cumbersome) (and even if only from the bios for some, still cumbersome)
                they pay mucho € for dt pro advanced (remember the other pro's don't have vide - so it has to be adv)
                a new dt lite is released that fixes the problem.

discussed:

Last edited by ß; 02.03.2008, 00:06.

Comment

@mrphysics1
                  Currently there is no Trial version of DT Pro Advanced.

You could try the following if you're willing to always perform those steps for your kids cause personally,
                  i wouldn't let them play around with a tool like SFN:
                  Download Starforce Nightmare (SFN) 1.12 (not for Vista)

- mount your Transformers image in vSCSI drive
                  - start SFN and click Sc.Master Off and Pr.Mas-Sl Off
                  - start the game
                  - after you quitted game (or if game fails to start like before) always! undo the changes you made with SFN,
                  in your case: Pr.Mas-Sl On and Sc.Master On

Always wait until the Processing... is done (this can take some seconds)

Or alternatively some maybe more handy method: Burn an emulated copy with Alcohol 120%

- uninstall Alc 52%
                  - install Alc 120% trial and burn your image to DVD using the Safedisc datatype
                  - now you can uninstall the trial and install Alc 52% again
                  - activate RMPS emulation in DT lite or Alc 52%
                  - insert the burned copy and play

@&#223;
                  Jito463 assumed Transformers to be a Safedisc CD for which low read speeds are recommended
                  - there is no read speed setting for DVDs in Alcohol.
                  Last edited by Terramex; 03.03.2008, 01:05.
                  I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Just a quick update. I upgraded to the latest version of Daemon Tools 4.12.3, and I can now seem to run Transformers from it. I have to use YASU, of course, but all seems well. I will advise if anything changes.

Thanks to all,
                    Mr. Physics

Comment

Re: Transformers the Game

Originally Posted by mrphysics1 View Post
                      Just a quick update. I upgraded to the latest version of Daemon Tools 4.12.3, and I can now seem to run Transformers from it. I have to use YASU, of course, but all seems well. I will advise if anything changes.
                      Thanks to all,
                      Mr. Physics
                      Thanks for the good news. But I have a question, I thought YASU doesn't work anymore with recent DAEMON Tools downloads (only version 4.06). So, if you have any information on that it would be great.
                      the modern world:
                      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
                      X