Win98SE will not reboot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win98SE will not reboot

Operating System: P3 1MHz, Win98SE (french).
    Burning Software: Blindwrite 5 and CopyToCD (both registered);

Discjuggler (trial)
    Anti-virus Software: F-Prot
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.43 - 3.44

I have a problem with DT343 (I was using DT341 without problems).
    I have no error messages when I install DT343, but after rebooting (the installer asked for);

while Windows startup (still in text mode);

I get 'Erreur de protection Windows. Vous devez redémarrer votre ordinateur.' (e.g. 'Windows protection error. Reboot your computer')
    And each time I reboot, I get the same error. The only solution is deinstalling DT343, and reinstalling DT341.
    I have the same problem with DT344.

My system :
    P3 1MHz, Win98SE (french).
    Installed burning software : Blindwrite 5 and CopyToCD (both registered);

Discjuggler (trial).
    Recent drivers in IOSUBSYS : PcAtip.vxd, PCOUFFIN.VXD, pfc.vxd.

What SCSI controllers you have in system if any and what drivers you use?

Comment

I don't have any SCSI controller ; all my drives are EIDE.
      I have a ZIP250 parallel drive (miniport SCSI driver I think).

Comment

Interesting, if you disable it - still no luck?

Comment

I have this ZIP drive since years, and I never had any problems with the previous DT versions.
          I will try to inactivate (rename) the miniport driver in IOSUBSYS.

Comment

Still the same ... :cry:

Comment

incomplete install on Win98

Operating System: Win98SE
              Burning Software: none installed yet
              Anti-virus Software: none installed yet
              DAEMON Tools Version: 3.44

I am trying to run daemon tools to run a newer game on an older system with a bit more speed. The system's got an onboard HPT366 UDMA 66 controller (which is unused) and a Promise Ultra 133 TX2 controller. After running the installer and a reboot it halted startup stating;Windows protection error. Reboot your computer. When I rebooted in safe mode it started and when i restarted it gave me a "Virtual SCSI driver not detected" error.
              I'm running a dual-boot system with Win98SE and Win2000Pro and both hard drives are on the Promise controller. My question is: Is the configuration possibly the reason the install did not complete successfully :?:
              As for Having nero or EasyCD Creator installed, neither are. Also, I'm trying to install on the Win98 drive. Any insight to a solution would be helpful.

Comment

Re: incomplete install on Win98

Also, when trying to repair the install in safe mode i receive this error and it fails: Device setup error code 25018 (0x61BA);

0 (0x0) Contact support personnel
                Originally Posted by wolf74
                Operating System: Win98SE
                Burning Software: none installed yet
                Anti-virus Software: none installed yet
                DAEMON Tools Version: 3.44

I am trying to run daemon tools to run a newer game on an older system with a bit more speed. The system's got an onboard HPT366 UDMA 66 controller (which is unused) and a Promise Ultra 133 TX2 controller. After running the installer and a reboot it halted startup stating;Windows protection error. Reboot your computer. When I rebooted in safe mode it started and when i restarted it gave me a "Virtual SCSI driver not detected" error.
                I'm running a dual-boot system with Win98SE and Win2000Pro and both hard drives are on the Promise controller. My question is: Is the configuration possibly the reason the install did not complete successfully :?:
                As for Having nero or EasyCD Creator installed, neither are. Also, I'm trying to install on the Win98 drive. Any insight to a solution would be helpful.

Comment

FIXED : Win98SE will not reboot

This is fixed with the new version (DT 3.46) :lol:
                  Thank you very much !

Originally Posted by gnozal8
                  Operating System: P3 1MHz, Win98SE (french).
                  Burning Software: Blindwrite 5 and CopyToCD (both registered);

Discjuggler (trial)
                  Anti-virus Software: F-Prot
                  DAEMON Tools Version: 3.43 - 3.44

I have a problem with DT343 (I was using DT341 without problems).
                  I have no error messages when I install DT343, but after rebooting (the installer asked for);

while Windows startup (still in text mode);

I get 'Erreur de protection Windows. Vous devez redémarrer votre ordinateur.' (e.g. 'Windows protection error. Reboot your computer')
                  And each time I reboot, I get the same error. The only solution is deinstalling DT343, and reinstalling DT341.
                  I have the same problem with DT344.

My system :
                  P3 1MHz, Win98SE (french).
                  Installed burning software : Blindwrite 5 and CopyToCD (both registered);

Discjuggler (trial).
                  Recent drivers in IOSUBSYS : PcAtip.vxd, PCOUFFIN.VXD, pfc.vxd.

Comment

Working...
                  X