Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Image Catalog Folders (hidden\password\locked)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image Catalog Folders (hidden\password\locked)

Okay while I don't really see myself making use of these features I can see a lot of Admin's when they are trying to be anal about security.

Hidden folders clearly wouldn't be displayed unless a special login is done within DTPA...and automated logout should have a number of triggers...screensaver, suspend, switch user, shutdown, reboot, inactivity clock, hotkey...further ideally this hides the images with in the file system as well.

Password folders basically just simplify security rather than having per image...so this is for the less anal.

Locked folders require a special login in order to change the contents of a folder...ideally this also locks the image from deletion from the file system as well.

Also ideally all these can be layered top of each other.
    Last edited by Nologic; 04.03.2008, 10:08.

hmm seem to be limited on the amount of edits to ones post...anyways.

Further ideally all passwords are saved to an encrypted file thats based on owners lic....this way encase of employment termination, death, or what have you an application can be requested that would decrypt the passwords should the need arise.

Comment

Re: Protected Image List (DT Pro Catalog)

This is an interesting idea but suppose you have this protected image list option. You're still going to have to hide the CD/DVD dumps on the hard drive too. So it seems weak unless you've got another security program running to hide your images (encrypted NTFS prevent directory traversing, etc).
      the modern world:
      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Well it is weak...I don't expect a disc imaging application to do the full work of a sercurity suite.

However generally speaking...if someone doesn't know its there...they not going to hunt for it.

Comment

Working...
        X