Battlefield 2142 backup Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 2142 backup Problem

I'm currently unable to get a working copy of battlefield 2142 working from a virtual drive from Daemon Tools , I have created a image but I'm unable to get a copy working.

I currently have Daemon Tools 4.06 installed for a working Crysis image, and also the latest 1.4.7080 Y.S.A.U installed.

I'm using the Latest Alcohol 120% 1.9.7 Build version 6221 for image creating only.

My game is a legit copy if anyone asks that question.

I'm just looking for a little information on methods for making a working copy of the game and anyother software or versions of software I'm currently using or not using that could help me.

Battlefield 2142 has safedisc 4.70

Alcohol 120%/52%:

Alcohol is CD / DVD burning copying backup recording duplication emulation and creation software.

--> it is important to uncheck the "Skip reading errors" box as there are part of the copy protection.

Daemon Tools Pro:

Use "safedisc 3" profile to create the image.

Afterwards, mount the image in latest daemon tools. Also use YASU to cloak your drives.

Give it a try.
    Elfen Lied - unangefochtene Spitze der Animes.
    Habt ihr was an der dt. Sprachdatei zu meckern?
    Schreibt mir eine PN!
    If you've got questions that do not concern to account or hardware incompabilty stuff, you can write me a PM. Otherwise use our forum!

Comment

@Pr1ma1
      As long as Safedisc detects there are optical IDE drives present it refuses to start in a (virtual) SCSI drive.
      On some rigs YASU isn't capable of completely hiding the optical IDE drives.

You can try to

- disable your optical IDE drives with Alcohol's EDM system (View -> DVD/CD drive EDM system)
      - disable the IDE channel your optical drive is attached to in Device Manager
      ...(of course only if not sharing channel with a "vital" HDD)
      - disable IDE drive(s) with Starforce Nightmare
      - disable IDE drive/channel in BIOS

or you can burn a copy to DVD with Alcohol 120% using the Safedisc datatype as described .

Most simple method would be mounting an image in the virtual IDE drive of Daemon Tools PRO Advanced.

@bismax
      In contrast to CDs reading errors don't occur on original Safedisc DVDs.
      There are only weak sectors present which become erroneous on a backup DVD when RMPS emulation is disabled.
      I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Ok, I've forgotten that.

@Pr1ma1

Please tell us if it's working or not!
        Elfen Lied - unangefochtene Spitze der Animes.
        Habt ihr was an der dt. Sprachdatei zu meckern?
        Schreibt mir eine PN!
        If you've got questions that do not concern to account or hardware incompabilty stuff, you can write me a PM. Otherwise use our forum!

Comment

Working...
        X