• SPTD 1.56 released

Issues addressed:
    - Fixed some incompatibility issues;
    - Fixed system deadlock on multi-processor environment;
    - Fixed some minor bugs.

Download
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

I guess this doesn't fix the latest SecuROM blacklist?

But a new version of SPTD usually means that the next DT version will be released soon

Comment

Well SPTD isn't blacklisted by SecuROM, so it can't fix a blacklist. DT is blacklisted.

Originally Posted by Reef
      But a new version of SPTD usually means that the next DT version will be released soon
      That's not correct everytime
      Peace Through Power

Comment

Hello,

it's just me, or there is an error with sha1-checksum of sptd-x64?

I've downloaded it a couple of times, and my value is
        1A13FFA312556D86E01DCFCC08143FB3CCDADBDB,

not
        1e0431f28e6ba121ef80d577f71b3e7f62594e30

Bye,
        Syrran

Comment

Site got corrected - you have the right package.
          Peace Through Power

Comment

thanks for the update

Comment

fixed now!

thx for alert!
              (there were no any security issues just a small bug with checksum calculation)

Comment

Originally Posted by Reef View Post
                I guess this doesn't fix the latest SecuROM blacklist?

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
                Well SPTD isn't blacklisted by SecuROM, so it can't fix a blacklist. DT is blacklisted.

That's not correct everytime
                If I remember correctly, I did make the same mistake: I thought that SPTD was blacklisted by protections, but then later on VeNoM corrected me - SPTD was not related to the blacklist, but Daemon Tools had to be adjusted.

So Blazkowicz is right: SPTD should not be blacklisted, but Daemon Tools is.

Comment

Hi, sorry but I want to know what is SPTD ? What does it do ?

Comment

it is the driver for virtual drives for dtools.

Comment

SPTD is a new method of access to storage devices that was developed by Duplex Secure Ltd.

Basically SPTD is similar to other access layers used by other programs (eg. ASPI from Adaptec, or standard SPTI from Microsoft) who provide access to storage devices but it has a lot more features that make this interface unique.

The key feature of SPTD is its ability to provide direct control of devices without risk of compromising it by some malicious 3rd party filter drivers or other "rootkit" applications that are common today - this is the main goal of SPTD development for organizations and applications where it currently used.

If SPTD is bundled with your application then most likely it will not work without SPTD (Please consult manufacturer of application for more detailed information).

SPTD is currently supported only on Microsoft OS Windows 2000 and above. SPTD (similar to other access layers) is by default not removed from your system after uninstallation of software application which used SPTD, in order not to disrupt other applications that may use it! This also allows user to avoid reboots in most cases for new installations if same SPTD version is already present on his system.

Comment

Working...
                      X