Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Physical CD/DVD Drive Missing from Explorer, Virtual Drive Missing too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Physical CD/DVD Drive Missing from Explorer, Virtual Drive Missing too!

After using the virtual drive for about a week, or so I stopped using it a for couple of days. Then I went to use it again, and it said that the disc was not present, even though I had mounted the image. I looked in the explorer to see if it showed up there, but I found that both my real and virtual cd/dvd drives have dissapeared completely. The real one doesnt show up in apllications when I insert a disc (example: windows media player, itunes)
    I'm using windows vista, toshiba laptop too if that is relelvant.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated since I can no longer use CD's/DVD's!

Which Daemon Tools version do you have installed ?
    Are the drives still listed in Device Manager, maybe with some error code in properties ?
    Any suspicious entries in Windows event viewer ?

What software was installed in the meantime (if at all) ?
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

It's also possible you have faulty filters, download ImgBurn, start program, Tools, Filter Driver ...

And tell us what's written there.
      Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
      Peace Through Power

Comment

Fixed:

Ironically, I just got a response from another forum that showed me a fix. It seemed to pertain to my disk drive in particular and had no connection to daemon tools, just coincidental.
        http://www.iq.sony.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=CISCV3,Company={46BFA530-E01F-4F7C-B98B-69C2AA06051B},Case=Obj(473435),TS=externalv4,T=cas e.tem,VARSET_MODELNUM=,VARSET_OBJ=473435,VARSET_TO P=TRUE,workstage=all,question=ref(QC):ord(1),quest ion=ref(QB):ord(1)#
        that is the link to my fix, for you curious people.

Comment

Common Problems and Solutions

This information was posted about 5 years ago before our forum even had 500 posts!!!! The Sony webpage is a copy of the guide (basically) already posted here. Please read the guides and information in the Announcements and Common Problems and Solutions sections.

Common Problems and Solutions: My real cdrom/dvdrom drives are missing
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
          X