securom help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• securom help

i made a backup of starwars kotor a while ago and been playing the game for over a month now(playing with origanal cd)I didnt try the backup right away to see if played. it installed fine so i marked the disk and put away and played with origanal.Well the origanal of play disk is screwed (half melted)cause of small fire well i still have game installed so i tryed to play this week with my backup and load a saved game well i cant even get the game to work and i figured from reading its copy protection issue. game wont even load.is there a way to get the protection off without origanal cd?or do i have to go buy a new one.I tryed sending a email to lucas arts to show them my reeceipt and picture but they now email me back in 6 days and they will prolly make me buy a new one so they can make more money.can i remake an image from a cd that i used nero 6+ to make to copy the securom also.Or do i need to toss these cause i didnt know about copy protection when i burnt it.Thought it was as easy as burning with nero wizard
    or can i remake image from the backup that didnt work and emulate with rmps to make game play

i have like mabee 10 hours of play left to beat this game and am fusturated
    thanx

I'm not sure, but I don't think a Nero-copied version of the CD will work. I know for a fact that you won't be able to bypass any copy protection with it because of the way SecuROM works. The only thing I can think of to try is dumping it with BlindWrite or Alcohol and downloading a sector density file from the web, but again, I don't know if the dumps from a Nero-copied CD will work.

Comment

what you mean by sectors?

Comment

Please read this thread for more information about how newer SecuROM protections work.

Comment

Working...
        X