Unable to mount image in kernel mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to mount image in kernel mode

I cannot mount any images, I keep getting the error message : Unable to mount image in kernel mode" , what do I do? Can I work around this? is it just som setting I have missed?

Which Operating System and which Daemon Tools version are you running? Are you running any kernel debugger?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Make sure you have the latest DAEMON Tools version. What program did you use to make the images and where are they stored (ie. network, on a USB hard drive, or on your own internal hard drive)?
      the modern world:
      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

i also get the same error. i have tried a few different programs to make the images the most recent being nero and have tried both iso and uif and neither work. i am using windows vista and daemon tools lite verson 4.12.3.

Comment

Re: Unable to mount image in kernel mode

Originally Posted by sbuttars View Post
          i also get the same error. i have tried a few different programs to make the images the most recent being nero and have tried both iso and uif and neither work. i am using windows vista and daemon tools lite verson 4.12.3.
          Can you create a test image in nero with only one file in a data cd compilation, then use the image recorder to save to somefile.nrg then try to mount that with DAEMON Tools?
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven View Post
            Can you create a test image in nero with only one file in a data cd compilation, then use the image recorder to save to somefile.nrg then try to mount that with DAEMON Tools?
            it mounted right with only one file in the image.

Comment

it must have been anydvd. i dissabled it and tried again and it worked fine. thanks for your help!

Comment

Turns out (in my case anyway) it was winRAR. Yep.
                WinRAR's file association was messing something up with DT mounting the image.

What I did was:

I went into WinRAR, clicked Options, then Integration, and un-checked the "iso" extension. I closed DT, and booted it up again. First thing I noticed was the image icon changed to its proper graphic, and allowed DT to mount the image successfully. I tried reproducing the problem by re-associating iso's with WinRAR, but it still allowed it to pass. I did absolutely nothing between these steps however, so it shouldn't be a problem after re-associating iso's with WinRAR (why you'd do that I don't know).

So, it worked for me. It *should* work for you guys and girls as as well.

Here's what I was running.. I don't know if it matters much at this point, but here:

DTPRO, version 4.10.0218
                WinRAR, Version 3.80

This was after wiping my PC completely too. Clean installs for everything, and barely any other programs installed on my PC.

I really hope that helps! It was a problem that started to get pretty annoying.

Comment

close any anti virus software and retry it.

Comment

Working...
                  X