• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Drive Letters

I'm running Vista Ultimate 64bit.

I installed the DT 4.12.2 Lite version.

2 things I've observed:

1) Even though it supports 64bit, it placed it in the (x86) directory.

2) I do not have drive letters. http://screencast.com/t/fcrBMx08I2

No errors occured during installation; but when I go into the device parameters and try to set a drive letter, I get an error stating that I cannot do that.
    Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Any assistance would be nice.

Thanks.

Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Regarding #1) The driver is 64 bit, only the tray icon program is 32 bit.
      the modern world:
      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

i to have that problem but in xp. i did what copytrooper said to do but it didnt work. it says the drivers are disabled.

Comment

Re: No Drive Letters

"the drivers are disabled" is not an error message I recognize. What causes this message? Are you able to mount an image using the tray icon and are you able to change the virtual drive letter using the tray icon?
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Possible cause

Running Daemon Tools on Vista Ultimate 64, I was unable to mount images, and had no virtual drive letter.
            I installed alcohol 120 and experienced the same exact problem.

I eventually did a complete wipe of my system; Daemon Tools works fine now after the wipe.
            The only thing I can think of that I did differently, on the second time around, was to NOT delete this directory:
            %SystemDrive%\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRep ository

I noticed that when Daemon tools wasn't working, the virtual device showed up in device mgr under Other Devices and the driver info said no driver could be found or is needed for the device.

Now that it's working, the virtual drive is under CDROM drives and points to cdrom.sys, as it should.

This article,
            Tips to Slim Down Vista My Digital Life
            called "Tips to slim down Vista"
            recommends deleting the directory.

I think the daemon/alcohol installers might require some files in this directory, but no error message ever indicates that the fact that they're gone is a problem.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Your CD drive or DVD drive is missing or is not recognized by Windows or other programs

End of story...

Comment

Working...
              X