Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon tools not reading images

I run Vista Home Edition.

When I mount images on Daemon, the image doesn't load up, and when I go to manually enter the files through the virtual drive via My Computer, there aren't any virtual drives. Could someone help?

Assign a drive letter to your virtual drive through windows drive letter assignment.
    Last edited by Blazkowicz; 25.03.2008, 21:04.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Blazkowicz;

Sorry for the beginner's touch on Vista, but where do I find Windows Drive Letter Assignment?

Copytrooper;

I found this link yesterday, sorry to say but I didn't understand half of your format. Truth is I made it to Device Manager but I couldnt find Virtual Devices subcatogorized anywhere and therefore couldn't find cdrom.sys, storprop.dll, or redbook.sys

I also deleted infcache.1 from before but it still works to no avail.

Furthermore, I installed a whole pack of different image mounters ( Daemon, Alcohol 120%, Virtual CloneDrive etc) and none of them work which would suggest that theres something wrong with my computer settings.

Again, I run Windows Vista Home 32bit.

Any further clarifications would help alot,

Thanks

Comment

You will find that in: control panel/administrative tools/computer management/disk management

There you do a right click on the virtual drive (you will see it has a strange name), change drive letter and then select a drive letter.

When i posted that above i just haven't known the correct word for that.

In device manager you have to look for DVD/CD-ROM devices.
          Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
          Peace Through Power

Comment

Blazkowicz;

Thanks for the heads up, but when I went into Computer Management I did not see any virtual drives. I have installed Daemon Lite and mounted an image. here's a screenshot of how my Computer Management looks like. Maybe I'm missing something:

Comment

The is no "Virtual device section" in device manager. The virtual devices should be in CD/DVD-ROM section with the "real" devices.
              Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
              They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
              X