• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install Error Message

Operating System: Windows XP Corp.
    Burning Software: Nero 6 Ultra Eddition
    Anti-virus Software: Norton anti Virus
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.44

I just downloaded Daemon Tools last week and had it installed on my system with no problems...then I wanted to check out a program called "CDR Win". When I tried to install it and my system booted up , thats just what it did ...just kept rebooting every time it finished rebooting. I got it uninstalled in safe mode....I uninstalled Damon Tools..Reinstalled CDR Win...This time no problems...I then tried to re install Daemon Tools-but now get the error message.."Some driver has invalid name or conflicts with other file or service in system. Please choose other driver names or make sure you have rebooted after removal of software using same names.".......I need help on this...or are these two programs beyond being on the same system at all? :cry: :cry:

Have you rebooted after Daemon uninstall as it said?

Comment

Operating System: Win2k Sp4
      Burning Software: Nero 6
      Anti-virus Software: na - removed to see if it was causing problem.. it wasn't
      DAEMON Tools Version: 3.43

Well I have rebooted.. and tried reinstalling.. I had to go back to version 3.43 and I could only get that version to work after much computer lockups... I reinstalled 3.41 than I was able to install 3.43 as an upgrade.. but 3.44 will not install.. gives error message in log..

Error 25002. Some driver has invalid name or conflicts with other file or service in system. Please choose other driver names or make sure you have rebooted after removal of sofware using same names.
      === Logging stopped: 1/20/2004 3:45:44 ===

and IF I uninstall than my computer keeps locking up when I run explorer or try to browse. This is after I tried reupgrading my operating system, reinstalling DirectX, mainboard drivers, video drivers, finally determined problem was from the Daemon Tools 3.44 that I removed..

Comment

Working...
      X