unable to mount under vista

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unable to mount under vista

since i started using windows vista on my new laptop i experience problem with my daemon tools program.

about 20% of all images i have, just can't be mounted. usuall it includes mds/mdf files, but sometimes also cue/bin. IIRC iso are ok.

when i try to mount these defective files it looks normal and without any error notice. just in "my computer" the virtual drive is shown as empty and every next action containing something with image freezes my computer. including: trying to open the virtual drive to see if it is really empty; unmounting image; trying to mount other image. when it freezes nothing short of restart solves this. i just see "please wait" sign, which never goes away.

i've already tried newest version or installing and running it as admin. those images that proved "faulty" once can never be mounted again on my laptop, but can be mounted without any problem on my pc with win xp.

any help will be appriciated, since being unable to use decent percentage of all my images is kind of annoying

same problem

I am having exactly the same problem. Mine will sometimes mount the image, but at least 5 out of 6 times it will lock my PC up.

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista Ultimate
    System Type X86-based PC
    Processor AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2500+, 1833 Mhz, 1 Core(s), 1 Logical Processor(s)
    Total Physical Memory 1,022.94 MB

Comment

"when i try to mount these defective files it looks normal and without any error notice. just in "my computer" the virtual drive is shown as empty and every next action containing something with image freezes my computer. including: trying to open the virtual drive to see if it is really empty; unmounting image; trying to mount other image. when it freezes nothing short of restart solves this. i just see "please wait" sign, which never goes away."

Hi Guys, I'm experiencing exactly the same thing, my system is:
      Vista Ultimate 32 bit
      Toshiba Satellite P105
      Core 2 Duo T7200, 2.00Ghz
      3Gb RAM

Comment

me too... someone resolved it?

Comment

Originally Posted by atomico View Post
          me too... someone resolved it?
          Please give some more information. Do you experience a problem where you have 50 images and 20% of them won't mount. Hehe, some guy above you said something like that. Tell us what your situation is.
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
          X