Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to add adapter. Registry access error.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to add adapter. Registry access error.

I tried upgrading from DT 3.x to 4.x, and in the process, I can no longer use any version of DT. I have tried Lite & the ad-supported Pro version of 4.x.

Whenever I install, things appear to go smoothly, but when I try to run the program, I get an error saying "Unable to add adapter. Registry access error."

I guess my drivers have been corrupted somewhere along the way? I'm pretty clueless at this point, and unable to use one of my favorite programs now.

What OS are you using, does the tray icon program load all the way, what SPTD version, and what DAEMON Tools version are you using?

But i regret to say there is normally not a known fix for this kind of issue besides disabling or uninstalling anti-virus software, windows defender (or windows live one care), real-time spyware protection, or TPM software.
    Last edited by Underheaven; 29.03.2008, 09:17.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven View Post
      What OS are you using, does the tray icon program load all the way, what SPTD version, and what DAEMON Tools version are you using?
      I'm using Win XP (SP2).

In the pro version, the tray icon loads, but if I try to bring up the main app window, I get that error. In the lite version, the tray icon loads, but if I try to createa virtual drive, I get that error.

I'm using whatever SPTD version came with the latest version of DT as of last night. I think it said 1.56 during the install.

I tried 4.10.218 of DT Pro first, that didn't work, so I tried 4.12 of Dt Pro, that didn't work, so I tried 4.12 of DT lite, and that didn't work. I have tried many uninstalls, installs, and countless reboots.

But i regret to say there is normally not a known fix for this kind of issue besides disabling or uninstalling anti-virus software, windows defender (or windows live one care), real-time spyware protection, or TPM software.
      I don't use any anti-virus software, except my brain. I don't use windows defenders. I don't use any spyware protection. I don't know what "TPM" software is.

My only theory as to what caused all this is that I installed DT Pro without uninstalling DT 3.x first, and thus DT 3.x had an active virtual drive. DT 3.x wasn't running, but it leaves the virtual drives active no matter. Think there is any weight to this?

There's no way to get a "clean slate"? Short of reformatting, that is. Think an WinXP restore point would help?

Comment

You could check the "Common Problems and Solutions" forum for manual uninstall of DT 3/4.

Comment

Working...
        X