Vista hanging at "Welcome" right after login

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista hanging at "Welcome" right after login

I installed DT and it told me it had to reboot to continue the install... Ok, so I rebooted and came to the login screen. I entered my password and it said "Welcome" with the spinning circle thing. But after about 30 seconds the circle stopped spinning, and nothing happened after that. After about 10 minutes I just rebooted manually, and the same thing happened again. What do you suggest? Obviously DT was the last thing I changed before this issue, so that is why I came here first to see if you can help.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by rickeo View Post
    I installed DT and it told me it had to reboot to continue the install... Ok, so I rebooted and came to the login screen. I entered my password and it said "Welcome" with the spinning circle thing. But after about 30 seconds the circle stopped spinning, and nothing happened after that. After about 10 minutes I just rebooted manually, and the same thing happened again. What do you suggest? Obviously DT was the last thing I changed before this issue, so that is why I came here first to see if you can help.
    Thanks.
    Where you able to get into safe mode? (F8 at boot)

Comment

Which Daemon Tools version have you installed? Also when you are removing DT, what's happening then? After that test uninstall SPTD and when issue is still happening, not related to SPTD and DT.
      Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
      Peace Through Power

Comment

Well after some serious headaches (this is my main machine!) i seem to have fixed it. I was able to get into Safe mode, and from there i just deleated everything i could find pertaining to DT, and uninstalled the most recent Windows Update that was installed on the same reboot as DT. Booted up and everything is peachy. Im not taking any more chances, looks like Alcohol 120% it is.

Comment

Alcohol and SPTD

I have some news for you, alcohol uses the same at-boot driver as DAEMON Tools: SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD). It will be reinstalled when you launch the alcohol setup program. Alcohol does have a compatibility mode but that only can be enabled after installing it and removing SPTD after the install is complete. You will lose functionality from the program as well.
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Then i guess im lucky as Alcohol installed and is working great, I have nothing against DT, as it was my first choice, so nobody get all upset..

I also have no idea what this SPTD thing is you're all talking about.

Comment

Working...
            X