PSX ripping/compression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSX ripping/compression

I have Daemon Tools Pro Basic(the newest version available) and I'm wanting to use it for Playstation backups. Well, I've read in other threads that you should make these images with other programs(such as Alcohol 120%). I don't have a problem with doing this, but the main reason I want to use Daemon Tools for them is for the compression. I can use them well enough by just adding them to Daemon Tools after making them with Alcohol, but Daemon Tools doesn't provide a method of compressing the image unless they're being ripped from a disc. I tried mounting the image in Alcohol and ripping it through Daemon Tools, but all of the plugins cut essential data from the backups. So, what I need to know is if there is a way to compress already ripped images or if there is a way to make Daemon Tools rip the RAW data from the CDs. Thanks for any help.

DT Pro Advanced has the option to convert/compress existing images.

Do you have any questions about DAEMON Tools software? You can find some answers on DAEMON Tools FAQ page.

Comment

Hmm, was hoping for a free alternative. $55 is a little steep right now. Thanks for pointing that out though, that seems like it's just what I need.

Comment

Originally Posted by bcrew1375 View Post
        I tried mounting the image in Alcohol and ripping it through Daemon Tools, but all of the plugins cut essential data from the backups.
        You should be able to rip a cd and keep all the subcodes. Maybe try some variations of the securom profiles.
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
        X