Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On x64 Vista SP1, virtual drive isn't recognized

hi,

first sorry for my bad english, i m french. i will try be concise.

i download the last version (v4.12.3 32/64 Bits (with SPTD 1.56)) in this website.

i launch installer,
    the installation of scsi driver progress correctly, and succesfull finish.

but when i launch the program after one restart, i don't see my virtual driver.

i launch the device panel, and i see my virtual driver in the other device section with "?" icon, after a right clic in my device, i noticed no driver was loaded.

i have try install driver manualy, i chose "c:\windows\inf" as source. by no driver found.

i have the same problem with alcohol 52%,

please help me, what do i have to do ?

thank for your answer.

for more information

Comment

For more information:

probably infcache-issue ...
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

i read this post.

i do what is say and....

i am verify if the file cdrom.sys, storprop.dll and redbook.sys exist, and yes it is ok.

i check in my registry if there is lowerfilters ans highfilters and no, there isn't.

and for finish , i have already dvd driver (a real device) in my PC and he is ok.

have you a another idea ?

Comment

Well, do you have some file infcache.1 on your system?
          Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
          They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Vista 64bit SP1 & DT 4.12.3 Mounting Issues

Having a problem with Vista SP1 and DT 4.12.3, using SPTD 1.56.

When I mount an image with DT:

If I go to Computer and look at Drive E: it says it's empty and doesn't show the mounted image, can't access it via browsing either.

It'll show up in the Virtual CD/DVD Rom option of the DT Tray menu. It says it's Device 0 (E. Browsed around the forums and couldn't find any that really related to a fix. Saw drive lettering problems and such.

If anyone can help, it'd be much appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

Already tried to remove virtual drive, restart and add a virtual drive and then mount again and try?
              Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
              Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by G226 View Post
                Having a problem with Vista SP1 and DT 4.12.3, using SPTD 1.56.
                When I mount an image with DT:
                If I go to Computer and look at Drive E: it says it's empty and doesn't show the mounted image, can't access it via browsing either.
                It'll show up in the Virtual CD/DVD Rom option of the DT Tray menu. It says it's Device 0 (E. Browsed around the forums and couldn't find any that really related to a fix. Saw drive lettering problems and such.
                If anyone can help, it'd be much appreciated. Thanks.
                I have exactly the same problem.

Comment

hi,

yes i have one file in windows directory.

Comment

delete it, reboot and try again then, thats covered in the problem solving part of the forum if i remember right...
                    my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Same problem here...

I've been using Daemon Tools on Vista x64 for quite a while but recently lost the ability to use any virtual CD-drives (no matter which application). This happened just after installing Vista's SP1.

Comment

Re: [vista 64bit]virtual driver isn't recognize

Originally Posted by tigueraje View Post
                        ability to use any virtual CD-drives
                        What do you mean? Do they appear in My Computer, do they have drive letters, do you see any error messages from the tray icon when changing settings. Check the Device Manager and see if the drivers installed on the CD/DVD drives are ok. Also it can be important to remember that an update or addon to one of your games can cause DAEMON Tools to be blacklisted until the next version.
                        the modern world:
                        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Seen by the app but not by Vista

Originally Posted by Underheaven View Post
                          What do you mean? Do they appear in My Computer, do they have drive letters, do you see any error messages from the tray icon when changing settings. Check the Device Manager and see if the drivers installed on the CD/DVD drives are ok. Also it can be important to remember that an update or addon to one of your games can cause DAEMON Tools to be blacklisted until the next version.
                          No, they don't have drive letters even when daemon tools lets me select how many devices to use and mount images on them (they show in Daemon Tools tray app but not in My Computer) also, I use a device which contains a virtual drive (almost like U3) and it was lost right after installing Vista's SP1.
                          These are my specs (which supported all my virtual drives until SP1):
                          ASUS M2N32 SLI DELUXE MOBO
                          3GB RAM
                          1.1 TB TOTAL HARD DRIVE SPACE
                          ATI RADEON X1650 512MB PCI-e X16 VIDEO
                          ATHLON 64X2 4200+
                          VISTA ULTIMATE X64 (SP1)

Comment

Help

I got DAEMON Tools Lite v4.12.3 32/64 Bits (with SPTD 1.56) - and Windows Vista and Daemon is not mounting images - at all. It doesn't display any error messages nothing. I seems to be working perfecty but when I mount an image - nothing happens.

Comment

sorry for my absence,

after do many test,
                              delete inf cache, etc.. etc...
                              my probleme isn't resolve

and after reading the previous messages, also have vista ultimate fr x64 + SP1 . and i have do all windows update

regards

Comment

Working...
                              X