No announcement yet.

securom 1000 error after some time ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• securom 1000 error after some time ???

the following information is from a 3rd party, but pretty reliable. i ask here because i can not reproduce this phenomenon.

is it possible for a working securom dvd game image to produce a securom 1000 error (bad image) after it has been used in the past ?

a specific example is fifa 08 from ea. the image was made a few months ago and it worked when made. the user played it for a while. recently he reinstalled it, on a new xp install since the last time, and again when he launched it, it worked. he then installed several other securom games, both older and newer then fifa 08, and when attempting to re-launch fifa 08 (after it already worked on the very setup hours earlier) it then produced the securom 1000 error message.

also the game in question, fifa 08 is the original retail, not patched, not months ago when it worked, nor now - so it has nothing to do with a possible newer securom used on the fifa.exe since it is the same one.

i asked him to use hdtune/scandisk to check the s.m.a.r.t. status and do a full hdd scan and all is ok, no errors of any kind. (his hdd's are new and in perfect condition.)

any ideas ???
    Last edited by ß; 06.04.2008, 14:10.

SecuROM got a timeout and threw that message out. It's possible hdd is too slow and/or the user is running an application which is stressing the cpu very much.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
      SecuROM got a timeout and threw that message out. It's possible hdd is too slow and/or the user is running an application which is stressing the cpu very much.
      i hear what you say and appreciate your reply, alas:
      the hdd is a new western digital sata-2, and a very clean xp with no antivirus software or in fact anything other then dt lite and volume control on the taskbar, and a minimum of processes running.

also isn't there a consensus that a securom 1000 error is a bad image - specifically the mds ??

Comment

When image worked before and nothing was changed at the image - then it is fine.

It's also possible NTFS compression is activated.
        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
        Peace Through Power

Comment

Have you tried deleting the SecuROM registry keys? I used to have the same problem a while ago with Rainbow Six Vegas, and after deleting the SecuROM reg keys the image was working again.

Comment

ok did some more "testing"

ntfs compression is not on now nor was it ever.

yes i deleted the securom hive from registry and the securom directory from \user\application data\ and also the \user\temp directory contents. when doing so it's a hit and miss. works maybe once out of every 7-10 tries... maybe.

i also got his image and used it on my internet system which has dt pro with vide (v4.12.0222) and it works every time.

so now this i want to get to the bottom of myself. i want to know what interferes or fu*ks up the disc check.

Comment

could it possibly be using the motherboard drivers for ide/whatnot ? changing to the default m$ ones might be the solution (if your machine is using the m$ ones then its a definate possiblity.. if not.. its guesswork )
              my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

the systems all use intel chipset driver for x38 chipset

anyway did a fresh install of xp, intel chipset drivers, nvidia video drivers, xfi drivers and dt 4123. installed the game from same image and it works each and every time. so it is something stuffing securom disc check up... later down the food chain as more shit is installed.... i would still like to know what thou, because the final outcome is a working image becomes a "bad" one.

Comment

maybe that kb update that messed up dt and other programs before?
                  my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Originally Posted by evlncrn8 View Post
                    maybe that kb update that messed up dt and other programs before?
                    not likely, as my friend's system is offline and he doesn't update it from xp sp2 .....unless a game installs stuff.

Comment

Re: Securom Error 1000

Tray icon, options, "very old and dusty emulation --> Off "
                      the modern world:
                      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven View Post
                        Tray icon, options, "very old and dusty emulation --> Off "
                        huh

Comment

Re: Securom Error 1000

small joke
                          the modern world:
                          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
                          X