PDA

View Full Version : Cant run DT

flocke
09.04.2008, 17:22
Hey folks!
I just downloaded the last version of Daemon Tools Lite and installed it without problems, but at the moment I want to launch it, I get the message: "Please use local adminstrator account to run DAEMON Tools for the first time!" Can anybody help me please?

I have Windows Vista and I have only one user account on my system and that's being denied by DT.

Regards
Flocke

kaweka
09.04.2008, 21:10
Such a message I get while starting Daemon.
Newest version installed.
Affected Vista Business 32 bits.
I do start it from administrative account.
Not from the default one, but from the one created by me onself.
What's wrong ?

kaweka
09.04.2008, 21:18
Hey folks!
I just downloaded the last version of Daemon Tools Lite and installed it without problems, but at the moment I want to launch it, I get the message: "Please use local adminstrator account to run DAEMON Tools for the first time!" Can anybody help me please?
I have Windows Vista and I have only one user account on my system and that's being denied by DT.
Regards
Flocke

I have exact the same prob. Vista Business 32bits. Also on my administrative account is it occuring.

Underheaven
10.04.2008, 00:37
I don't know what's wrong but you could disable UAC in the control panel, install daemon tools, then enable UAC again.

Blazkowicz
10.04.2008, 10:10
@flocke

Don't create a thread in German AND English section.

Right click on exe and select run as administrator.

Makki93
16.04.2008, 14:28
I have the same problem...i tried to right-click and "run as admin" but it still doesnt work ... any ideas??

sry for my bad english

Underheaven
16.04.2008, 17:43
I have the same problem...i tried to right-click and "run as admin" but it still doesnt work ... any ideas??
sry for my bad english

what about this idea --->
disable UAC in the control panel, install daemon tools, then enable UAC again.