Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching forum for user account

"The following errors occurred with your search:
    1. Invalid User specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"
    Such a message I receive while searching this forum for some not existing user name.
    I think the fact particular user account doesn't exist is no error. You don't have to report it as an error.
    Instead of this an answer in form as following or similar would be more adequate:
    "Your search didn't result in any matches".

Re: vbulletin Invalid User specified

Originally Posted by kaweka View Post
    "The following errors occurred with your search:
    1. Invalid User specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"
    Such a message I receive while searching this forum for some not existing user name.
    I think the fact particular user account doesn't exist is no error. You don't have to report it as an error.
    Instead of this an answer in form as following or similar would be more adequate:
    "Your search didn't result in any matches".
    a) we can't control the forum software, you get the same message if you use a unknown username here too http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/search.php
    I would say write to vbulletin with the recommendation but they don't really talk to you unless you're a paying customer so I'm not sure you could post any suggestions.

b) "No matches" --> lesser details
    "No username" ----> more details
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
    X