PDA

View Full Version : Deamon tool not working

Rhuarc
20.01.2004, 15:56
Operating System: XP, SP1
Burning Software: none
Anti-virus Software: none
DAEMON Tools Version: 3.44

last week i formated my computer and reinstalled everything. On my old system I was running an old version of D-Tools, and it worked like a charm.

Since i didn't have the old version of DT, I downloaded the newest one, 3.44, but i does not work. Whenever I try to mount an image, nothing happens. If I try opening "my computer" up, it freezez, and I'm forces to reeboot.

I have tried to unistall 3.44 and install an older version, but they all act the same way as 3.44 does. I have tried do remove the PnP thing from the device maneger, but that doesn't either. Are there any other files left on my computer?

Anyone have an idea what the problem is?

Development
21.01.2004, 02:23
You have Promise controller in system?

Rhuarc
21.01.2004, 16:18
I have no idea. What is that?

pangu
21.01.2004, 23:51
Operating System: XP Home SP1
Burning Software: NERO
Anti-virus Software: none
DAEMON Tools Version: 3.44

Since i didn't have the old version of DT, I downloaded the newest one, 3.44, but i does not work. Whenever I try to mount an image, nothing happens. If I try opening "my computer" up, it freezez, and I'm forces to reeboot.

I have tried to unistall 3.44 and install an older version, but they all act the same way as 3.44 does. I have tried do remove the PnP thing from the device maneger, but that doesn't either. Are there any other files left on my computer?

Im having the same problems as this guy but i know what a promise controller is. What does this cause though. I do have a promise controller card.

pangu
22.01.2004, 00:49
i upgraded my driver my card and now it works fine.

Development
22.01.2004, 04:26
Now you know why I asked.;-)

pangu
22.01.2004, 05:43
Thanks for the info even though i did not ask for it. Goes to show if some people would do a little research for themselves they can figure it on their own. when i read it i wondered what the card could have to do with it so i did my won research and figured it out. IT causes the same problems with the newer versions of Alcohol.

pangu

Rhuarc
22.01.2004, 16:43
Thanks for the help, but what card are we talking about? Is it the grahpics card?

Copytrooper
22.01.2004, 16:51
Promise controllers are IDE/S-ATA/RAID controllers - some boards come with them onboard.

Rhuarc
24.01.2004, 22:09
How do i recognice them, what are they called in my device maneger?