• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deamon tool not working

Operating System: XP, SP1
    Burning Software: none
    Anti-virus Software: none
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.44

last week i formated my computer and reinstalled everything. On my old system I was running an old version of D-Tools, and it worked like a charm.

Since i didn't have the old version of DT, I downloaded the newest one, 3.44, but i does not work. Whenever I try to mount an image, nothing happens. If I try opening "my computer" up, it freezez, and I'm forces to reeboot.

I have tried to unistall 3.44 and install an older version, but they all act the same way as 3.44 does. I have tried do remove the PnP thing from the device maneger, but that doesn't either. Are there any other files left on my computer?

Anyone have an idea what the problem is?

You have Promise controller in system?

Comment

I have no idea. What is that?

Comment

having the same problems

Operating System: XP Home SP1
        Burning Software: NERO
        Anti-virus Software: none
        DAEMON Tools Version: 3.44

Since i didn't have the old version of DT, I downloaded the newest one, 3.44, but i does not work. Whenever I try to mount an image, nothing happens. If I try opening "my computer" up, it freezez, and I'm forces to reeboot.

I have tried to unistall 3.44 and install an older version, but they all act the same way as 3.44 does. I have tried do remove the PnP thing from the device maneger, but that doesn't either. Are there any other files left on my computer?
        Im having the same problems as this guy but i know what a promise controller is. What does this cause though. I do have a promise controller card.

Comment

found my cure

i upgraded my driver my card and now it works fine.

Comment

Now you know why I asked.;-)

Comment

Thanks for the info even though i did not ask for it. Goes to show if some people would do a little research for themselves they can figure it on their own. when i read it i wondered what the card could have to do with it so i did my won research and figured it out. IT causes the same problems with the newer versions of Alcohol.

pangu

Comment

Thanks for the help, but what card are we talking about? Is it the grahpics card?

Comment

Promise controllers are IDE/S-ATA/RAID controllers - some boards come with them onboard.
                  Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                  They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

How do i recognice them, what are they called in my device maneger?

Comment

Working...
                    X