• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony DRU510A DVD Drive not working with Daemon Tools installed

Operating System: Windows XP Professional
    Burning Software: Record Now - Came with Sony Drive
    Anti-virus Software: NAV
    DAEMON Tools Version: 344

After I installed Daemon Tools, my DVD drive(Sony DRU 510A) does not work. Everytime I place a disc in the DVD drive, it will say D drive Not accessible, Incorrect Function, after I click on the drive in MY computer icon.

I tried audio disc, data, DVD disc. Nothing works and gives the same error message.

Daemon Tools work fine. It was able to mount images.

Does the drive work again after removing DAEMON Tools, or after setting the number of emulated drives to 0?

Comment

Yes, the Sony DVD drive partially works after Daemon Tools is removed and virtual drives are disabled(equal 0) and the computer is restarted.

The first disc after restart always work. The next disc works if it is the same format (eg. DVD). If another format disc is placed in (eg audio);
      it does not work and give the error: D drive not accessible: Incorrect Function. Then afterwards, all disc placed in, gives the same error.

However, before I ever installed Daemon Tools, the Sony DVD drive had no problems and I could switch disc of different formats and they all worked (Data, Audio, DVD, VCD).

Please help.

Comment

Working...
      X