This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64-bit (extended-64) Windows Support

The migration to 64bit has begun. I'm not talking about crappy itanium-64. Intel and Mircosoft have agreed that the AMD64(extended-64) system will be the new functioning base for windows. 64-bit drivers are in need at the moment, and so far there arent any cd-emulation solutions that work under 64-bit windows. Porting Daemon Tools to a 64-bit enabled version is not difficult.

Be the first out there!

32-bit apps will still work fine under amd64, plus 32-bit architectures are still MUCH more common.

Comment

Well, once i buy myself AMD-64 then i will port Daemon to it immediately.;-) And yes, IA-64 architecture is definitely not the 'best' for porting.

Comment

32-bit support in 64-bit

Yes, 32-bit apps work fine under Extended-64, but all device drivers must be 64-bit, without exception. Even if theyre for "virtual" hardware.

Comment

Ok it JUST doesnt work.

Comment

Dosen't work on 64bit windows

Would be great to have this work with 64bit windows

Comment

does anyone know when deamontools will work with 64 Bit XP?

because i need it more than you can imagaine

Comment

There are many tasks atm, but of course it's planned for a later release

Comment

when porting in windows 64bit ?

Comment

which part of:
                    but of course it's planned for a later release
                    didn't you understand?

Comment

i understand but i'm impatient

Comment

thx a lot, can't wait until we get the 64bit support, guess I'll just have to map the drives from my other computers until then

Comment

Originally Posted by Andareed
                          32-bit apps will still work fine under amd64, plus 32-bit architectures are still MUCH more common.
                          "Windows 3.1 16 bit apps will still work under Windows 95"..
                          Read somewhere in 199x ... :mrgreen: :wink:

Comment

I still use the occasional 16bit app. It's interesting to note that amd64/windows64 won't support 16 bit apps at all (99% sure of this). But MS was thinking of bundling vpc with windows to support old apps (32bit apps too that won't run under longhorn, f.e.).

Comment

Another vote here for an AMD64 port of DT. Not rushing you guys, I already saw the above posts and I know that you're busy, I'm just chiming in with the masses

Comment

Working...
                              X