PDA

View Full Version : TES4:Oblivion + SecuROM, any workarounds?

killamanjar-o
19.04.2008, 21:03
Hello fellow DT users. I just recently bought The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game Of The Year Edition...(that's a mouthful) And figured I could take my laptop and an Image of the disks with me on my trip... turns out not. Seems that they had decided to reward their faithful patrons with disks protected by SecuROM. (out of the goodness of their hearts I'm sure...)

I was in a rush when I left so I didn't test it beforehand. The images are absolutely superb, however, it seems that SecuROM has found a new way to torment publishers' patrons!

I have tried Alcohol 120%, DT Lite v4.x (newest), DT Lite v4.x (newest) + Y.A.S.U But to no avail...

Is there any way to get around the overbearing presence of the ever hated SecuROM hell spawn?!

P.S. Great job so far DT Dev's I've been a long time user, and have loved it every step of the way. Thanks to anyone who can supply me with any assistance.

Blazkowicz
20.04.2008, 00:03
You should tell us which exactly error you get from SecuROM.

Norman Bates
20.04.2008, 09:00
The game itself isnt protected by Securom only the installer. Game uses only a DVD-check. It should work with DT + YASU.
You have to cloak the device before you mount the image and install the game. Also be sure you have YASU in your DT folder.
After installation you should only need to mount image to play game since it only does a DVD-check.

Jito463
20.04.2008, 21:41
No, I'm pretty sure the GOTY edition is protected by SecuROM. It was the original release of Oblivion that had no copy protection on it, save for the CD/DVD check. Nice "treat" for those who bought their re-release if you ask me.

Norman Bates
21.04.2008, 17:39
No, I'm pretty sure the GOTY edition is protected by SecuROM. It was the original release of Oblivion that had no copy protection on it, save for the CD/DVD check. Nice "treat" for those who bought their re-release if you ask me.

Hmm, are you sure , because i am almost certain that only the installers on both discs are protected by Securom and the game itself still uses only DVD-check.

Reef
21.04.2008, 18:52
Hmm, are you sure , because i am almost certain that only the installers on both discs are protected by Securom and the game itself still uses only DVD-check.
I think so too, since it's actually the same game as the original release. AFAIK there are no seperate patches for the original release and the GOTY edition, so they can not use different protections.

killamanjar-o
22.04.2008, 01:32
Here's the error it gives me, and the message it gives me on the link.

The error pop-up:
"Conflict with Emulation Software detected.
Please have a look at http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=emu&c=13000
for further, more detailed information."

The link:

SecuROM has determined that you are trying to start the application with an image of the original disc. Please be informed that SecuROM protected applications will not work with an emulated image of the original disc.

* Please unmount your image and insert the original disc in order to start the application.

If the application still won't start, please send a SecuROM analysis file to support@securom.com (see Support Info section on how to prepare and send an analysis file).

killamanjar-o
22.04.2008, 04:42
I replied about 3 hours ago, Seems the moderation system here is a bit hit or miss.

The error I get is...

Conflict with Emulation Software detected.
Please have a look at http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=emu&c=13000 for further, more detailed information.

The link gives me...

SecuROM has determined that you are trying to start the application with an image of the original disc. Please be informed that SecuROM protected applications will not work with an emulated image of the original disc.

* Please unmount your image and insert the original disc in order to start the application.

If the application still won't start, please send a SecuROM analysis file to support@securom.com (see Support Info section on how to prepare and send an analysis file).

I have SecuROM emulation enabled on DT, and Y.A.S.U is running on the scsi drive. I noticed that it checks my Physical Drive when it tries to load the Virtual one, This is a laptop so I can remove the Physical drive. Would doing so help at all?

Underheaven
22.04.2008, 08:36
I replied about 3 hours ago, Seems the moderation system here is a bit hit or miss.

Sometimes there is a few hours of a delay http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/images/icons/icon12.gif ; nothing is moderated at all for users with 20+ posts

Blazkowicz
22.04.2008, 09:30
Install the latest DT Lite/Pro.

Mister_Hack
22.04.2008, 18:48
Just for interest: When exactly do you get the error message?

1.) When trying to install the Game
2.) When trying to start the Game

If 1.) then try to install with your original discs, since, to my knowledge, only the Setup-Files are protected by Securom

If 2.) then try to install the latest patch from Bethesda. You still need the Image(s), since it still does a CD-Check, but no Securom-Check (and there are no separate patches for Oblicion and Oblivion GOTY).

killamanjar-o
22.04.2008, 20:22
It is the latest. From this site. The first one on the download page from the Daemon Tools section. "Daemon Tools Lite v4.12.3.0" Same as Y.A.S.U 1.4.7080" The latest that I could find.

killamanjar-o
22.04.2008, 20:26
I didn't see the second page, I get about a second of the installer music before SecuROM interferes. It kind of sucks cause I go through all of the trouble of removing SecuROM and hear the music when it tries to load. Just to be disappointed by the very same SecuROM pop-up.

Norman Bates
23.04.2008, 19:56
And you have tried to start YASU and cloak your virtual drives before you mount your image and start the installation?

killamanjar-o
24.04.2008, 07:04
Yeah. Daemon starts on boot, then I start Y.A.S.U with the parameters -s -c for silent cloaking, Mount and run. BOOM SecuROM!

I was wondering if I cloaked, then closed DT while preserving the Emulation. If it would work. I think I'll try it.

If it does'nt work I just get to remove SecuROM again. Yay.

evlncrn8
24.04.2008, 19:52
'remove' ?... you mean using a no-cd ?

killamanjar-o
24.04.2008, 21:11
Closing Daemon after cloaking and mounting didn't work.

By "Remove" I meant going into the registry with regdelnull and deleting the registry keys. Then opening a command prompt and changing the characteristics of cmdlineext.dll so it can be removed as well. I dont get the uaservice7.exe file strangely enough, nor do I get the files in the C:\Documents & Settings\Administrator\Application Data\SecuROM directory, even though it does create the directory.

The Oblivion Installer must use a chopped down version of SecuROM.

I think SecuROM must have blacklisted the newest version of DT and YASU. Guess I have to wait to get home to play. Super Lame.

c613749
27.04.2008, 13:43
hi killamanjar-o

have you the newest Alcohol Version? have you disable the AlcoholVirtual drive?

if not do it^^. and Restart!

If this doesn't work erease the MountedDevices registry Key (make a Backup before).

open Regedit
go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\

erease MountedDevices Key. restart. System redetect new Drives it should be work.

mythwisper
30.06.2008, 04:50
Im having the same problem too ._. Tried above method, No Dice. Oh and its when im trying to install it, I cant use the CD or the Image, Both give me errors

Edgix
18.08.2008, 07:44
I got my Oblivion image to work in the end, just with the latest Y.A.S.U and DT. Unmounted all drives. Ran Y.A.S.U. Mounted image. Didn't work. Did it again, maybe like five times. And randomly in the end, it worked. =D YAY!

kb321
29.09.2008, 15:55
ok in good faith i listened to the guy above me and it did work, i just disabled any other virtual drives and made sure i unmounted and restarted yasu many times, eventually it worked:D

ca5ey
13.10.2008, 10:50
i have a similar but slightly different problem. Used Alcohol 120% to get the image of the disk, then disabled all my virtual drives, turned on yasu, opened dt and tried to mount oblivion and it came up with "this program cannot be executed (5023)". It says its to do with Yasu running in the background and to turn it off before trying to run it. Any suggestions?

Blazkowicz
13.10.2008, 13:32
Yes, don't use YASU.

Sblade
10.11.2008, 21:03
Then thereґs no program to stealth DT from that version ???

Blazkowicz
10.11.2008, 21:06
There is no need for YASU when mounting into latest DT Lite/Pro. Also game doesn't use any copy protection for starting the game - only the addon for installation.

pat92phil
19.11.2008, 02:56
ok, so I just can not get Oblivion to install. im using DT lite 4.30.01 i think. and YASU 1.4.70.80. ive tried doing it with and without yasu, many many times. when i use yasu it gives me the error "Please insert the original disk instead of a backup (1000)" when i dont use yasu the error i get is "conflict with emulation software detected" the secuROM is killing me. please, any direction on what to do or different versions of DT+YASU to try would be appreciated. i just feel like playing again, and trying out my pc's new graphics card on a nice game. thanks again

Blazkowicz
19.11.2008, 16:25
Bad image - recreate your image with New SecuROM profile.

Sblade
22.11.2008, 02:45
There is no need for YASU when mounting into latest DT Lite/Pro. Also game doesn't use any copy protection for starting the game - only the addon for installation.

So DT 4.30.1 uses an automatic stealth? did I understand correct?

Answer is important for answering evilcrn8 in the off topic thread...

pat92phil
23.11.2008, 21:22
Bad image - recreate your image with New SecuROM profile.

well i know for a fact that the image works, i used to run the game with it. so its not a "bad image" but am i right in saying i would have to make a new image with the updated "anti" securom image ripper?

Blazkowicz
23.11.2008, 21:31
The game only has a disc check for starting the game. But the setup is protected with SecuROM, therefore you have to recreate.

Also there isn't such a thing like anti securom image ripper.

evlncrn8
23.11.2008, 23:13
So DT 4.30.1 uses an automatic stealth? did I understand correct?

Answer is important for answering evilcrn8 in the off topic thread...

sigh, do your own damned research.. more and more all your posts seem to be information gathering because you cant or wont do the research yourself...

Sblade
23.11.2008, 23:46
LOC Big Boss locked the thread so there won´t be continuation...

I can see that Securom may use Symbolic links to find SCSI drives...

but how this DRM tells the difference in IDE drives without accesing the most inner Ring?

If you want to continue the discussion, I invite you to my site Secusphere - Index (http://www.secusphere.com/smf/) . Maybe I´ll open a private forum for us...

We must respect LOC authority so no more here.

Hope to hear from you soon.

thewan
07.04.2009, 19:31
Get the New daemon tools lite toolbar. Then, go to preferences. Next, go to advanced. Finally, Select Securom. It worked for me!