Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not able to make dpm with BENQ DVD LS DW1655 and Alcohol 52

Hi everyone

I'm very new to this tool and forum, so I'm very sorry if I have an ordinary noob problem I've already used the search function, but I haven't found anything useful to me.

So let me explain you my problem:

I wanted to create an Image of some of my game DVDs (Tomb Raider Legend and Hellgate London) and as I've read that it's most secure to make it with Alcohol and dpm analysis I intented to do that, but it didn't work (Message: Can't make dpm with this engine, or something similar to that).

I have:
    -BENQ DVD LS DW1655 (with the most recent Firmware installed)
    -DT Lite 4.12.3
    -Alcohol 52% 1.9.7.6221 Free Edition
    -used StarForce removal tool and reinstalled Alcohol 52% after that

My first thought was: Dam, my DVD drive isn't able to do it, but when I searched the internet, I've read comments of people in other forums, which had the same BENQ and it worked for them to make the dpm thingy.

Does anyone have an propositions for me? Should I give it a try with the Blindwrite Trial?

Any help is welcome

Did you ask in the Alcohol Software's forum?
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Mastigos View Post
      I've read comments of people in other forums, which had the same BENQ and it worked for them to make the dpm thingy.
      In this thread (and also in Alcohol's Customer forums) a user states DPM worked for him, too.
      But maybe successful reports only apply to CDs
      If Blindwrite (or Daemon Tools PRO) also fail you can try to set DPM speed with external tools like CD Bremse or
      Nero DriveSpeed directly before DPM starts.

P.S.: AFAIK BENQ LS DW1655 is on supported drives list
      Last edited by Terramex; 22.04.2008, 12:41.
      I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Gonna try those things and I'll report the results

Comment

You should give DT Pro a try, as this is among Alcohol
          the by far most advanced read-engine. Post results here
          please

Comment

Tried the Pro Trial yesterday evening, but sadly it didn't work. Also tried Blindwrite, well, the topology reading seems to work, but after it my PC "crashes" in the sense of that the dvd drive only opens a bit (and I have to pull it out manualy) and it takes minutes for my PC work normaly again... At least the Image was completed (Hellgate London) but it has again the "Emulation software detected" problem (DT Lite 4.12.3 and latest Y.A.S.U)

My next try is VirtualCD, hoping for the best.

Comment

DPM works without problems for CDs (tested with Warcraft III Classic), but DVD just won't work. Well, how I said previously, I'll try VirtualCD this evening. It doesn't help much if CDs work while most of the games I own are on DVDs

Comment

Originally Posted by Mastigos View Post
                At least the Image was completed (Hellgate London) but it has again the "Emulation software detected" problem (DT Lite 4.12.3 and latest Y.A.S.U)
                That's most like likely caused by Blindwrite.
                Uninstall its EZ-Play emulation driver (it's blacklisted even when not in use) or completely remove Blindwrite.

P.S.: With DT lite 4.12.3 you don't need YASU to run Hellgate London (patched to latest 1.70.70.4256)
                I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

pointing to thread 189679 at cdfreaks

a little off topic: latest Warcraft III patch removes copy protection and the original disc didn't need DPM ( only frozen throne expansion, more info here ).
                  the modern world:
                  net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I know the thing about the patch, it was more a kind of trial if it works with normal CDs.

But well, it still isn't working for DVDs

Comment

Working...
                    X