• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installing multiple cd's

Operating System: Windows XP Home
    Burning Software: Drag & Drop cd/dvd version 3
    Anti-virus Software: pc-Cillin 2000 7.26
    DAEMON Tools Version: Daemon version 3.44

as i have had problems in the past with defective program cd's I have some programs with multiple cd's that I have downloaded to my hard disk. The cd's have the designations cd1.iso, cd2.iso, cd3.iso etc. To install the program from the first disc is not a problem. I load it onto device 0 and then it opens up on my desktop. After I have installed the first disc, the install program asks for the 2nd cd. I do not know how to mount the 2nd cd so that the installation can continue. the only option in the install program is the ok button, or the cancel button. I have tried to make it work by using 4 virtual drives, and loading the cd's onto these drives; device 0--cd1;device 1--cd2 etc. this does not work. I would appreciate any help you can give me.
    Thank you.

Just right click on the DAEMON Tools icon when you're asked for the second CD and mount the second image to the same drive (eg. if CD1.bin was mounted to F:\ then mount CD2.bin to F:\ as well). That's effectively the same as taking out the first CD and putting in the second one.

Comment

Operating System: XPPro
      Burning Software: Nero, CloneCD
      Anti-virus Software: Norton
      DAEMON Tools Version: 3.44

Hi

I have kinda the same problem

I would like to burn a DVD with more than one cd image files and create a autoplay menu for this so you can run the image files by clickin in the autoplay menu :?:

Is there any way to make the image files autorun in deamon :?:

thx

Comment

You can try Daemon Script (in our download section).
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

k cheers Copytrooper

I did allready download this program but didn't know how to use it

Can you maybe direct me to a tutorial or extra info how to use this prog

thx

Comment

K so far so good

I can make a script now to load the image file in device 0

But when it mounts in Daemon it won't autorun altho theres a "AUTORUN.INF" in the cd image
            (i tride different image's but theres non that will autorun on mount)

I could adjust the script to run the setup file in the image but that way it's linked to a specific drive in my case drive:J but on another system that could be another drive

(I have "Autostart" selected in the Daemon options menu btw)

:?:

Comment

Autostart option means, that Daemon Tools task bar icon autostarts - it has nothing to do with autorun. But you can define a program in Daemon Script, that runs after mounting.
              Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
              They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

could adjust the script to run the setup file in the image but that way it's linked to a specific drive in my case drive:J but on another system that could be another drive
                I still have this problem

Daemon should run the image on mounting
                if theres a "AUTORUN.INF" file in the image won't it ???

Comment

I disabled autorun by design. Imo (and others) it is more sensible for a script to run silently - i.e., without autorun. You can always add a RunApp command after mounting image anyhow.

Comment

Jah thru m8

Problem for me is that the setup file is in the iso
                    I ca only open the setup file thu the virtual drive to a file in the iso
                    And this drive can be different on any system

I cannot acces the setup file in the image i have to do tru the virtual cd drive

I hope i made myself clear :roll: kinda hard or me in English

Comment

Working...
                    X