DT Lite 4.123 kills usb host controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT Lite 4.123 kills usb host controller

Every time I have installed dt lite, when it has me restart just after the installation begins i loose my usb devices such as my mouse and keyboard. It appears that it is killing my standard openhcd usb host controller, and i have no idea why. I have used this same version of dt before on the exact pc i have had for the past 2 years with no problems. Running xp x64. -This is a brand new install of windows. When I uninstall dt, problem goes away. Any help would be great. I really dont like the alternative software.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Hmm this is strange. Without keyboard and mouse you will have to remote control the computer to debug the cause (ie Remote Assistance , VNC ). Did you try removing any usb hub and plugging directly into the motherboard with ALL usb devices?
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven View Post
      Hmm this is strange. Without keyboard and mouse you will have to remote control the computer to debug the cause (ie Remote Assistance , VNC ). Did you try removing any usb hub and plugging directly into the motherboard with ALL usb devices?
      This is what's strange, that is how i fixed it before, remote in via my laptop and uninstall, reinstall that controller, works until the system is restarted. The strange, I had this very version of dt on this very system, which has not undergone one piece of hardware change since december of 06. Also if I do happen to use my powered usb hub, i can use a keyboard and mouse. But if I connect those very same devices to my mobo directly its not happening. Ive seen some other people have this issue, but what Im scratching my scalp over is how the devil did this same version of the software run the very first time I installed it, and continue to run and work with no problems for over 2 years and just all of a sudden start killin this device. I know dt hasnt gone through that many changes since I found the one for x64. Believe me, i even tried the earliest version that was compatible with x64. Its just totally weird, install it, blows that usb controller, remove it, its just fine.

Comment

Just last night, I did put my system under for some surgery. Because I have an ftp site, with 3 drives and 2 raided my 3rd drive was nearly full so I reformatted, and decided to raid all drives and just partition out my c drive to about 100gb and the rest for my files and music, etc. I dont know if that might change anything, its the same raid drivers, thank the Lord its easier than vista. Thats the most recent change, Im about to try installing dt to see if it does it again after my windows updates.

Comment

Working...
        X