system crash when i disable drives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• system crash when i disable drives

my windows xp system crashes when i set the number of devices from '2 drives' to '1 drive'. please help...

XP with which Service Pack? X86 or X64?
    Daemon Tools version?
    Security software disabled?
    Do you have a minidump file available (e. g. c:\windows\minidump)? If yes, please upload it to some file hoster like megaupload or rapidshare and post the link here.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

xp service pack 2.. x86.. daemon tools ver 4.1.. now im having an extra problem!! when i try to load an iso now the system is crashing!!

Comment

windows xp sp 2, x86 daemon tools ver 4.10...... now its become very bad... the system crashes when i try to mount an iso... i tried reinstalling daemon tools, but still the system crashed when i tried to mount the iso..... and it all started after i tried changing number of drives from 2 to 1!!

Comment

Update Daemon Tools to 4.12.3 if it's Lite version and if it's Pro Version update to 4.12.0223.

If that doesn't help, try to update to SP3.

Minidump file?
          Peace Through Power

Comment

a few examples of the minidump files generated due to this...

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

Comment

Problem seems to be caused by drvmcdb.sys.

Try updating your Sonic software. If that doesn't help, try uninstalling the Sonic software and after a computer restart try setting drive amount from 2 to 1.
              Peace Through Power

Comment

Im sorry. But what is this Sonic software?

Comment

Sorry just found a sonic software folder in my drive though I dont remember installing anything like that.

Comment

Realized that it came along with the camcorder software i recently installed. Incidentally the problem occurred shortly after that. Thank you for the help.

Comment

Working...
                    X