Audio CD + game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio CD + game

I play a game that has audio tracks, but I don't hear the audio tracks with the cue/bin with Daemon tools, any idea?

Recreate your image with the "Mixed Mode CD" or "CD Extra" plugin in Daemon Tools Pro.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

I used ImgBurn, do you know the equivalent for this soft?

Comment

I hear the music when I set a drive letter for the real DVD drive AFTER the daemon virtual DVD drive, but if it's before, we hear nothing, it seems to be more a Windows stupid thing... or maybe the game is wrong programmed.. it should read the cd of the game.. not the first of the list..

Comment

well daemon tools advanced can make images, so can alcohol, you could try those...
          my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Originally Posted by Danicela View Post
            I hear the music when I set a drive letter for the real DVD drive AFTER the daemon virtual DVD drive, but if it's before, we hear nothing, it seems to be more a Windows stupid thing... or maybe the game is wrong programmed.. it should read the cd of the game.. not the first of the list..
            Many older games would only work properly from the lowest drive letter (in those days, it was assumed you only HAD one drive).

Comment

Yes but here I think it's Windows XP which doesn't give the right audio cd drive, when I asked about a good iso creator, someone told me that ImgBurn was most used by pros, then I took it, but I don't think that other programs would be better, I don't think it's a problem of virtual drive reading or what.
              I would need someone that knows precisely the problem ^^

Comment

For the record: ImgBurn is used for burning, it has no famous reputation for making any image files. I don't think you will find one Pro anywhere who rips games with it. Especially when dealing with video games and copy protection, never rip your disc with that program. In my mind, It's like using ImgTool Classic or msdos DiscDump to rip your securom dvd

Listen to what people say above. For games use DAEMON Tools Pro or Alcohol or BlindWrite.

Now on another topic, ImgBurn is one of my favorite programs (i've posted its changelog here in the forum for years) ...
                the modern world:
                net helpmsg 4006

Comment

For games use DAEMON Tools Pro or Alcohol or BlindWrite.
                  Which one is totally free and is the best?

Comment

I downloaded Alcohol 52% and I did a .cue file, but if the virtual drive is not "the first" I still don't hear music.

Comment

With Alcohol I tried to make a .cue of Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds but after the game says I have not the cd..

Comment

Originally Posted by Danicela View Post
                        I downloaded Alcohol 52% and I did a .cue file, but if the virtual drive is not "the first" I still don't hear music.
                        Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
                        Many older games would only work properly from the lowest drive letter (in those days, it was assumed you only HAD one drive).

Why do I even bother? By the way, Danicela, use MDS instead. Best format option, and supported by both Alcohol and DTools.

Comment

Ok .mds is a format of image file.. I'm making it with Daemon Tools Pro (after installing of "Advantage" requiring the turning off of Avast that see him as a dangerous Adware...) with the Mixed Mode CD.

Comment

I tried with Mixed Mode CD and CD Extra and I still need to change the drive letters to hear the music... (all mds)

And on Vista for both copies it says "insert the cd", then you say that daemon tools pro works good with copy protection? ... (for the game SW GB)

Until now, I see no difference between ImgBurn, Alcohol, and Daemon Tools Pro..

Comment

I tried to copy Titan Quest with Daemon Tools Pro but it told that I should use the original disc not a copy protected one (securom) then no difference between this soft and ImgBurn.

Comment

Working...
                              X