PDA

View Full Version : Audio CD + game

Danicela
18.06.2008, 16:54
I play a game that has audio tracks, but I don't hear the audio tracks with the cue/bin with Daemon tools, any idea?

Blazkowicz
18.06.2008, 20:54
Recreate your image with the "Mixed Mode CD" or "CD Extra" plugin in Daemon Tools Pro.

Danicela
18.06.2008, 22:17
I used ImgBurn, do you know the equivalent for this soft?

Danicela
19.06.2008, 10:38
I hear the music when I set a drive letter for the real DVD drive AFTER the daemon virtual DVD drive, but if it's before, we hear nothing, it seems to be more a Windows stupid thing... or maybe the game is wrong programmed.. it should read the cd of the game.. not the first of the list..

evlncrn8
19.06.2008, 10:47
well daemon tools advanced can make images, so can alcohol, you could try those...

Jito463
19.06.2008, 14:27
I hear the music when I set a drive letter for the real DVD drive AFTER the daemon virtual DVD drive, but if it's before, we hear nothing, it seems to be more a Windows stupid thing... or maybe the game is wrong programmed.. it should read the cd of the game.. not the first of the list..

Many older games would only work properly from the lowest drive letter (in those days, it was assumed you only HAD one drive).

Danicela
19.06.2008, 15:42
Yes but here I think it's Windows XP which doesn't give the right audio cd drive, when I asked about a good iso creator, someone told me that ImgBurn was most used by pros, then I took it, but I don't think that other programs would be better, I don't think it's a problem of virtual drive reading or what.
I would need someone that knows precisely the problem ^^

Underheaven
20.06.2008, 08:06
For the record: ImgBurn is used for burning, it has no famous reputation for making any image files. I don't think you will find one Pro anywhere who rips games with it. Especially when dealing with video games and copy protection, never rip your disc with that program. In my mind, It's like using ImgTool Classic or msdos DiscDump to rip your securom dvd

Listen to what people say above. For games use DAEMON Tools Pro or Alcohol or BlindWrite.

Now on another topic, ImgBurn is one of my favorite programs (i've posted its changelog here in the forum for years) ...

Danicela
22.06.2008, 00:04
For games use DAEMON Tools Pro or Alcohol or BlindWrite.

Which one is totally free and is the best?

Danicela
22.06.2008, 21:15
I downloaded Alcohol 52% and I did a .cue file, but if the virtual drive is not "the first" I still don't hear music.

Danicela
22.06.2008, 22:21
With Alcohol I tried to make a .cue of Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds but after the game says I have not the cd..

Jito463
25.06.2008, 15:49
I downloaded Alcohol 52% and I did a .cue file, but if the virtual drive is not "the first" I still don't hear music.

Many older games would only work properly from the lowest drive letter (in those days, it was assumed you only HAD one drive).

:rolleyes:

Why do I even bother? By the way, Danicela, use MDS instead. Best format option, and supported by both Alcohol and DTools.

Danicela
25.06.2008, 17:00
Ok .mds is a format of image file.. I'm making it with Daemon Tools Pro (after installing of "Advantage" requiring the turning off of Avast that see him as a dangerous Adware...) with the Mixed Mode CD.

Danicela
25.06.2008, 17:32
I tried with Mixed Mode CD and CD Extra and I still need to change the drive letters to hear the music... (all mds)

And on Vista for both copies it says "insert the cd", then you say that daemon tools pro works good with copy protection? ... (for the game SW GB)

Until now, I see no difference between ImgBurn, Alcohol, and Daemon Tools Pro..

Danicela
01.07.2008, 14:43
I tried to copy Titan Quest with Daemon Tools Pro but it told that I should use the original disc not a copy protected one (securom) then no difference between this soft and ImgBurn.

LocutusofBorg
01.07.2008, 19:56
I guess you should first read how to create images and what
steps needed to run such images that are protected.

Especially I recommend in left sidebar the menu "DAEMON Tools Help" - either that, or you can use the proper menuoption
from DT Pro directly. There is a very good explanation how to
create such backups that WILL work.

In short: You need to create the image using the proper dumper, in your case you need first to find out what protection
it is (you can use for that purpose our GameDatabase or you can
use a tool like e.g. ProtectionID, which we recommend).

After you know what kind of prot it is, please use proper dumper for it (you need to set it in menu-options when you click in DT Pro on "create new Disc-Image")

When you made all this steps, there is absolutly no problem
to run even that protected images. If you have further questions, you can post here again. Please include what you did exactly and what error you received if it doesnt worked for you.
And please do also post how you made it and what you did wrong. This helps others too that stumble across this thread.

Blazkowicz
01.07.2008, 20:01
@Danicela

Titan Quest is using SecuROM, so you need to select New SecuROM profile and also try different DPM speeds.

But if i remember right, the copy protection got removed (SecuROM) with an official update.

LocutusofBorg
01.07.2008, 22:16
@Blaz: that is correct, they removed it with patch 1.20

@Danicela:
Nevertheless, the steps I explained above to you are not only to lead
in this particular case to succes, but also to train you and
therefore you need no assistance from us anymore even for
future titles