Assigning permanent letters to drives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assigning permanent letters to drives

Hi everyone. I need to know if there's a way to have DT choose definite drive letters instead of others. Removable units can be given a permanent letter so that windows should never attach them but to those chosen units. But DT bypasses these associations, attaching an already pre-attached letter to its own drives. Is there a way to avoid this? I mean, to either attach permanent letters to dt's units or prevent it from stealing those already assigned?
    (hope it's clear enough )

Drive letter assignment is handled exclusively by Windows. Having said that, I set my virtual drives to P, Q, R and S for Alcohol, and V & W for DT Pro vIDE (well above the drive letters of my physical drives), and have never had my drive letters reset on me.

Comment

Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
      Drive letter assignment is handled exclusively by Windows. Having said that, I set my virtual drives to P, Q, R and S for Alcohol, and V & W for DT Pro vIDE (well above the drive letters of my physical drives), and have never had my drive letters reset on me.
      That's the point: how do I set my virtual drives' letters?

Comment

Originally Posted by uranius View Post
        That's the point: how do I set my virtual drives' letters?
        Sorry, now got it (better late than never): I just reassigned the letters from windows manager while DT's units were on, so that now they are W, X etc.
        Thank you!

Comment

from the disk manager in the admin -> computer -> tools portion
          my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Working...
          X