Problem mounting iso files on Vista Home Premium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem mounting iso files on Vista Home Premium

When I try to mount an iso using DT, nothing happens until I open My Computer. It seems that forcing Vista to list the drives triggers the mounting to suddenly work.

I've tried un-installing/re-installing to the latest version of DT. I've tried changing the drive letter. I've tried resetting everything to default. I've tried rebooting. I have Automount enabled, as well as Auto Insert Notification. I've double-checked the Auto Play settings for the virtual drive. I've ruled out any hardware issues, and am basically out of ideas. What's more frustrating is DT used to work flawlessly, and I am not aware of anything that changed in my environment.

Any suggestions would be appreciated - thanks!

Has anyone else encountered this issue? I'm still stumped and considering re-formatting my drive with XP since I can't get Daemon Tools automount/autoplay to work in Vista Home Premium.

Comment

Which DT version?
      Elfen Lied - unangefochtene Spitze der Animes.
      Habt ihr was an der dt. Sprachdatei zu meckern?
      Schreibt mir eine PN!
      If you've got questions that do not concern to account or hardware incompabilty stuff, you can write me a PM. Otherwise use our forum!

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I'm using DAEMON Tools Lite v4.12.3 32 bit. I also tried the Pro trial version, and had the same exact problem. I tried using version 3.47 as well, but Vista blocks the installation due to "known compatibility issues".

Comment

It sounds like an SPTD bug. Or at least more related to SPTD than DAEMON Tools.
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I took your suggestion and un-installed/re-installed SPTD. I'm running v1.56 X86 (32 bit). The issue of an iso failing to mount without opening My Computer hasn't changed.

I got an error message for the first time while trying to mount an iso. I'm not sure what it means, but it does seem to confirm some problem with automount:

Secure mode confirmation for command line:
            -unmount 0

Comment

I've never seen that error message before. Btw, sometimes when I remove SPTD on my system I have to reinstall all applications that depend on it (maybe re-install DAEMON Tools lite after SPTD). But that doesn't fix the problem you reported. Is this a new Vista installation? If not you can look at filter drivers. Maybe try turning off UAC and reinstalling DAEMON Tools?
              the modern world:
              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. Installing without UAC didn't have any effect so far as I could tell. And aside from what I found on Wikipedia, filter drivers are over my head. I don't know how to access or check them as you suggested.

In the meantime, I actually decided to re-format the drive and do a fresh Vista Home Premium install. Mounting ISOs worked great after the install.. and then the same issue started happening after I assigned some different drive letters. I tried naming them back to the ones Windows assigned, but it was still broken after doing that. It appears I am back at square one with this... but I'm thinking it must have something to do with the way Windows stores and displays the drive names/letters. Something with the registry perhaps? Anyone have any ideas??

Comment

I'm having something along the same issues as you.

Comment

Disabling UAC normally is not supposed to help for DAEMON Tools. BUT it could help you if you forget to 'Run as Admin' with DAEMON Tools while you are installing and then when running it for the first time after installed and having rebooted. It's just a standard thing you do with any program that doesn't work with Vista, hehe.

Regarding filter drivers, if you have just installed Vista then this isn't a problem for you.
                    the modern world:
                    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Thanks so much for the input, but my problem is fixed. Turns out I was having a conflict with a 3rd paty app.

Comment

Originally Posted by blackfin View Post
                        Thanks so much for the input, but my problem is fixed. Turns out I was having a conflict with a 3rd paty app.
                        Happy to hear it is fixed. It you could post the name of the program, this would help other people when they do forum searches.
                        the modern world:
                        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
                        X