Daemon Tools Pro vs. Alcohol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon Tools Pro vs. Alcohol?

Ok, so I've been using Daemon Tools for emulation for a long time, but I use Alcohol 120% for making images. Lately I tried making an image of Dreamfall which uses SecuROM using DPM and everything, and mounted it using Daemon Tools and turned on the emulation and it still said it wasn't the original disc. I realize ppl here might be a little biased, but which program is better for making images? Alcohol or DT Pro? Would I possibly have better luck if I made the image with DT? I haven't been able to find much info about DT Pro... Thanks.

You should take a look here:

Disc-Soft.com :: Home

It covers everything related to DT PRO and it's variants...

As employee I'm for sure biased, but for certain images I have had more 'luck' with DT Pro indeed.

There is so much usefull info on DT PRO in alot of threads here too and alot of reviews on other sites flying around. Of course
    you could also try out the DEMO version (valid for 10 days)
    available at the website posted above
    You are an imperfect being, created by an imperfect being. Finding your weakness is only a matter of time.

Comment

Personally speaking, I use Alcohol for creating images and mounting them. I use DT Pro vIDE for certain images that blacklist the vSCSI drives. Works out well for me, so far. Best thing to do is download the trial of each and see which works out best for you. That's why trial versions exist.

Comment

Originally Posted by BorgQueen View Post
        As employee I'm for sure biased, but for certain images I have had more 'luck' with DT Pro indeed.
        Is there a specific game example you could give ? Not counting Tages since Alcohol can not and will not ever do Tages. Other than that what games ?

Comment

Originally Posted by BobJustBob View Post
          Not counting Tages since Alcohol...will not ever do Tages.
          What makes you so sure ?
          I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

given the fact that you indeed seems to know alot about protections
            and DT Pro's and Alcohols capabilities I'm wondering why you
            really ask?

Apart from this I can only strongly recommend what Jito already
            pointed out: check out both trial-versions!

DT Pro is in a permanent upgrade process and we will soon release
            another great upgrade to our customers.

Among other things, DT's politic was always to give back alot
            of value to our customers, and alot of our customers would
            confirm that for sure.
            I receive on a frequent basis emails and PM's from customers
            who underscore that our services are really worth every penny;
            we stand behind our products and we take
            our responsibility
            when it comes to functionality and safety VERY serious

I hope that our forums, our products and of course our team
            here give you enough reasons to jump on and become a customer :wink:

Comment

I think you misunderstand me. I ask because I actually want to know if there is a particular game that Dt Pro can image whereas Alcohol fails, other then any Tages titles. This is a possibility of course and that's why I'm curious. I like to make notes of these things as it were. To me, this ===> "I have had more 'luck' with DT Pro indeed" says that the user tried Alcohol with a game and it failed and Dt Pro did make a good image. And that is very possible, indeed. As a game enthusiast, I like to know what this game was for my own record - it's not to "prove" that DT Pro did make a game image whereas Alcohol failed. And I think that's how you interpreted my question, and if so you'd be wrong. I'm just a curious cat.

Comment

Originally Posted by BobJustBob View Post
                Is there a specific game example you could give ? Not counting Tages since Alcohol can not and will not ever do Tages. Other than that what games ?
                The Alcohol Team works hard to give their customer a good software!
                A Tages Dumper will come, is not so far

In the moment you can dump a Tages Game with DT PRO Basic and every Software will Emulate this.

You can also use a Tages image with Alcohol

Comment

Whats wrong with the Alcohol Support Forum?

1. Free and Trial User cannot Enter the "Puplic" Forum and became Support , only when post a Sys Rep! This is good so, some users have installed cracked Versions and ask for Support :/

2. you became a fast reply

Comment

Personally, I give my recommendation to Daemon Tools Pro. I feel that I receive more value for my money with DT Pro than I get with Alcohol. Before DT Pro, Alcohol was in my opinion the best choice for creating disc backups, but now I haven't used Alcohol in about a year, and have honestly never missed it.

The ability to burn images is the only advantage I can see with Alcohol presently.

Last but not least, Daemon Tools has in my opinion a much more enthusiastic and friendly community than Alcohol.
                    Imagination is more important than knowledge. --Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                    X