Oblivion GOTY Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oblivion GOTY Edition

I have Alcohol 120% and downloaded the most recent version of Daemon Tools and am trying to attempt to use the images I created using Alcohol 120% to play the game to no avail. I have tried both Alcohol 120% and Daemon Tools to mount and run the images. The message that pops up says "Please insert the original disc instead of a backup (1000). I read in the forums here about the installer on both discs use SecuROM as copy protection so I had adjusted accordingly (to the best of my ability). I am not well versed in using programs to defeat copy protection, so if I missed something obvious, I apologize in advance for your time and trouble.

Try to first start YASU, then cloak the device you are to mount on then mount imagefile and it should work.

Comment

This error ("Please insert the original disc instead of a backup (1000)") means your image is bad. What settings did you use to create it?

Comment

Would the seperate image file seperation setting have anything to do with it? Not much I can do settings-wise with Alcohol 120%. Had the setting at 4 GB (I hadn't paid attention to it before). Reset the setting on it to never seperate.

Comment

You need to use the 'SecuROM NEW* (4/5/7)' profile in Alcohol. It could be possible that games don't run with splitted images, but I'm not sure about it (never tried it myself).

Comment

Alcohol 120% doesn't show the copy protection data type selector when I have the Oblivion disc in, where my cd games show this when they are inserted. My Alcohol 120% version is V1.9.2 (build 1705). Is there somewhere in Alcohol 120% where I can go to to adjust that or is it just the way it handles dvd games?

Comment

I've never had issues with split images, so I'd just do as Reef suggests and recreate using the 'SecuROM NEW* (4/5/7)' profile in Alcohol.
              Goodnight Brave Warrior, Goodnight Monster-land..

Comment

Originally Posted by Practicedummy View Post
                My Alcohol 120% version is V1.9.2 (build 1705).
                Why don't you upgrade to the latest version (v1.9.7 Build 6221)?

Comment

Working...
                X